Lt. Commander
# 11
11-20-2010, 03:53 AM
You don't think that they could make a modernized version of phase cannons? They were after all the birth of phaser technology. I would think that some engineer in Starfleet could figure out a way to replicate the effect by modifying modern day phasers, at least to the level of phaser turret damage.

Don't you?

And yes, the Grapple is a great touch, but it really wasn't the Enterprise's signature weapon.

Lt. Commander
# 12
11-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Okay, so I bought the NX-01 and I'm playing with it now. But as I play I am wondering, where are my Phase Cannons?

The TOS Constitution class came with it's signature Blue Phasers. Why didn't the NX-01 come with it's signature weapon?

A minor modification to the TOS Blue Phasers (change the color and speed up the animation and cool down) and a new sound effect and it could be done. Please consider adding this when you get a chance. I would love to see it in-game.

Thanks.

I respect what you have done here on the forums, you provide real tangible help.

I also respect most of your posts, you don't seem to get into stupid argumnets.

All that aside all I can think of right now is,

"I got your Red Phase Canon right here!"
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-20-2010, 03:57 AM
For some reason, probably because i recently rewatched encounter at farpoint, whenever i read grappler i picture them firing Groppler Zorn attached to a rope and hoping he clings onto the hull.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-20-2010, 04:04 AM
i'd be more happy if they fixed the hardpoints a bit. here- http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daymai...0d63c8d6faf2b3 theres quite a good analysis of weapon hardpoints, ending with this picture-

http://www.ditl.org/Gengrafix/NXPhaseCannon.jpg

the dual beam bank location is perfect, but the beam arrays should fire from the locations in the picture

fore beam arrays- 4,5,9,12

aft beam arrays- 6,7,8,3
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
You don't think that they could make a modernized version of phase cannons? They were after all the birth of phaser technology. I would think that some engineer in Starfleet could figure out a way to replicate the effect by modifying modern day phasers, at least to the level of phaser turret damage.

Don't you?

And yes, the Grapple is a great touch, but it really wasn't the Enterprise's signature weapon.

Why would Starfleet Install "inferior" weaponry on any of their ships?
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:

Don't you?

I think they could make a modernized version of phase cannons. If the SCE can make an NX replica they can make replica Phase Cannons
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cehus View Post
and then we could have torpedoes that fire in rainbow formation!
better yet, we could have torps that fire in a DOUBLE rainbow formation, all the way across the sky!!
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I was disappointed too, I was hoping my NX would have red phase cannons since the TOS Enterprise had its unique looking phasers. Hopefully cryptic will update this in the future, i mean it cant be that hard for them to make a copy of the TOS phasers, change the color and push it out as "NX Phase Cannons"
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-20-2010, 08:40 AM
There's nothing wrong with wanting red-tinted phasers for the NX. It's not as though phasers have to be orangish in color; the TOS phasers prove that. It would have been a nice touch to give the NX red phasers to match the series colors.