Lt. Commander
# 1 Shield Rings: Make optional
11-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Now that you Devs have stared making more things optional, like the UI for the new Sector Space, is there any way you can make the Shield rings we see around our ship optional at some point? I never use them, and it looks a bit... tacky? And they get in the way of screenshots. And I would love to just.... turn em off. And I have heard this complaint before, I would really like em gone.

Thank you, that is all.

-Martok
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Youve been able to turn them off since season 1 its one of the options in the ui.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-20-2010, 09:41 AM
if you mean the shield rings that are broken into four quadrants, they have been optional for 6 months

its on the first page of the options screen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-20-2010, 09:46 AM
This was something that many people were asking about a long time ago. Cryptic said that it was buried deep within the structure of the game and not something that could just be turned off. The back and forth went on for a while, until the devs surprised us all by making it a one radio button click.

Open options. The very first option on the very first tab (Basic) is "Enable direction shield FX". That should be what you are looking for.

It has been an option since at least April 29th, not sure how much earlier.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Are you kidding? Awesome!! Then in this case, I hereby Redact my complaint!

Man, what is wrong with me. I used to be 'in the know' Now I find out you can remove shields, and yesterday I just now found out Laas is int his game!! I'm losing my MIND!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Are you kidding? Awesome!! Then in this case, I hereby Redact my complaint!

Man, what is wrong with me. I used to be 'in the know' Now I find out you can remove shields, and yesterday I just now found out Laas is int his game!! I'm losing my MIND!!
If only things could be like this for every wish we had...

"Devs, please make engine trails optional"

"It's already optional for 6 months"

"Devs, please make it so we can refit our ships ourselves"

"You can already do tht for three years"