Lt. Commander
# 91
11-22-2010, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
That person can say whatever he wants, that does not make it so.

The Akira was depicted as a cruiser, heavy cruiser even. Not as a carrier. Not as a ship carrying 15 torpedo launchers either.

STOP quoting what that guys said to tell us the akira is supposed to be this and that. What he said and what at last materialized on screen is notably different.
Its especially vexing considering you people are supposed to be star trek fans.

I would have expected you to at least have, yknow, watched star trek.
The Akira class is shown on screen for maybe two minutes in total across every movie and TV show. Its not depicted as anything. All we really know about it is what the studio says about it.
Lt. Commander
# 92
11-22-2010, 06:15 AM
I thought the Dev's had already given thier definative answer on the subject of a fed carrier?
Lt. Commander
# 93
11-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Enough with the no Carrier junk im not say we Must have a Carrier im say that instead of a Federation carrier we might want to look into a Federation Battleship so quit whinning all of you about,''we dont need a carrier,NO Carrier Please and all that other junk '' alright
Lt. Commander
# 94
11-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager235 View Post
Enough with the no Carrier junk im not say we Must have a Carrier im say that instead of a Federation carrier we might want to look into a Federation Battleship so quit whinning all of you about,''we dont need a carrier,NO Carrier Please and all that other junk '' alright
typhoon typhoon!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 95
11-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
typhoon typhoon!!!!
i can agree with that ship as the Federation Battleship.
Lt. Commander
# 96
11-22-2010, 11:58 AM
few ideas on what the load out can be if anyone wants to hear it
Lt. Commander
# 97
11-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager235 View Post
i can agree with that ship as the Federation Battleship.
Hopefully if they make a fed battleship they will give it a free Fire at Will ability like Sci Ships get Sub System Targeting, this will help make them the answer to carriers.
Lt. Commander
# 98
11-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStryder
Hopefully if they make a fed battleship they will give it a free Fire at Will ability like Sci Ships get Sub System Targeting, this will help make them the answer to carriers.
here's my idea of what it could have: 4 weapons fore ,4 weapons aft, 3 device slots, 4 TAC,ENG,and SCI consoles, and 1 commander each BO slot,and mix it up with the others
Lt. Commander
# 99
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutty View Post
The Akira class is shown on screen for maybe two minutes in total across every movie and TV show. Its not depicted as anything. All we really know about it is what the studio says about it.
what we saw on ds9, voyager and first contact firmly puts this ship into cruiser territory.
I say again: go watch star trek, you seem to have no clue.
Lt. Commander
# 100
11-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Ok....if the Federation gets a carrier....there has to be a need for one.At the moment there is no need for the Federation to have a carrier.People...let it rest for now,and at least wait untill we get the Romulans as a playable faction....talk to ya later,bye bye