Lt. Commander
# 1 Cap and Hold Scoring Idea
11-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I was thinking about how we could encourage the players to care about cap and hold a bit more..and well.. this may be a simple solution to making players go for the goals.

Every base has an area around it that allows scoring. Any area away from the base areas do not allow scoring. This means that if you fight out in deep space, your score will not reflect kills/damage/healing.

This will be a drift off point. That means at say for example... 100 meters from the base you get 100% points. If you are at 150 meters you get say 80%... and on and on until 0% is left.

This puts the players who want high scores into a role where to achieve these,... they need to be around to cap bases.

Any thoughts?

P.s. I also think any captured base should have NPC ships or turrets spawn to help hold a base. It would make it a bit harder for 1 guy to charge in and take it,... making for more teamwork.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-23-2010, 07:13 AM
I would agree with the scoring needing a tweak. I would suggest to make scoring range related as well, maybe 125% contribution scoring when in close and 25% contribution scoring when out far battling. I wouldn't suggest a zero modifier be cause some of the strategies when ahead in cap points, involve intercepting and delaying the opponent from ever reaching the cap point, in some cases even leading them away from the cap point by being a pain in the butt.

I would also tie these "Performance scores" to the Marks granted instead of a set amount for wins and losses. It would help promote teamwork and grouping even in PUGS IMO. People should not be able to just "hang out" and get marks for doing nothing, and should get less for not "playing as a team".
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-23-2010, 10:47 AM
It should score capping seperately as its own score.

If you're not healing, if you're not dealing damae, and if you're not capping... YOu must be a Science Vessel or an AFKer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It should score capping seperately as its own score.

If you're not healing, if you're not dealing damae, and if you're not capping... YOu must be a Science Vessel or an AFKer.
I agree that capping should also give points. I think that is a worthy idea. The value of the points ... that is the hard part. I have read a lot about how that COULD be calculated... but all of this is just ideas in the wind anyway, until a dev gives us some input into any changes (if any).