Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Researcher Rescue Stuck
11-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Well here is a bug that I have not encountered in a while. I started a new character and got it to the "Researcher Rescue" mission. I got all the way to "Ancient Claims" and beamed up to my ship, defeated the Gorn battleship, saved the hostages, and warped back to Sector Space.

Only I can't complete the mission, it is back to "Ancient Claims" and too beam down to the surface. So I did, it then said to beam back to the ship, so I did, then it said to warp to sector space, so I did.

And still it says "Ancient Claims" and I can't turn the mission in.

I submitted a bug report, ID #1,005,657
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Try to beam back to your ship using the bridge officer dialog in the lower right-hand corner of your screen as opposed to the beam-up button near the mini-map. Cryptic often frustratingly triggers mission completion based off a dialog prompt with your bridge officers and fails to recognize completion if you beam up using the mini-map icon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-23-2010, 07:12 PM
I got a reply to my ticket, if it works I will post it here for others to see.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Well it worked, so here is the info for those that encounter this issue in the future.

Quote:
This may be best resolved by restarting the current stage of your mission. Please note you will only lose progress for this stage of the mission. To restart the current stage of a mission: 1) Leave the map that you are currently on & return to sector space via the Abort Mission/Depart System/Beam to Ship button on your mini-map 2) Once you are back in sector space please wait at least 15 minutes for the instance of your mission to reset. (All team mates must also be outside the instance in order to reset it.) 3) Once 15 minutes has passed return to the mission entrance. Click on the "Continue: ..." button to return to your mission. 4) You should now be at the beginning of this mission stage and can continue normally. If you experience further issues completing this mission, please edit this ticket with any additional information that will assist in helping you. Thank you for playing! GM Vargas.