Lt. Commander
# 41
11-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
....What do you mean by that?
I think he means that the Forum Guidelines regarding cross-posting, flaming, "calling out" specific in-game players, etc.. Will be rigorously enforced, violations flying everywhere.. It's all in good fun til someone gets banned.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I think he means that the Forum Guidelines regarding cross-posting, flaming, "calling out" specific in-game players, etc.. Will be rigorously enforced, violations flying everywhere.. It's all in good fun til someone gets banned.
Ah..ok...now it makes sense...thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Not only will rules that prohibit people saying "don't play this mission, it's terrible because ___" or otherwise being negative, I suspect Storm meant they'd be focusing on the cross-posting aspect; that is, don't start a topic in every single sub-forum that advertises your mission.

I suspect signatures will be a big part of advertising - they are in CoX's forums.
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-24-2010, 01:01 PM
but I will.

Spam me all you want. Allen@USS-Andromeda

I plan on playing as many of these as I can. I sat through plenty of terrible Voyager episodes, I can sit through fan fic, k/s, and advertising all day long searching for 1 fantastic episode.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
Just getting prepared for the flood of requests that the Foundry open beta will be bringing us. So there it is, up front, no I will not, so don't ask.
Fine. I won't try yours, either. So, nyah!

Frankly, I'm looking forward to playtesting the bejeebus out of the Foundry. I'm sure that there'll be plenty "diamonds in the rough" when it goes live. Got a few ideas rolling around in my old grey matter, too.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We'll have special forums for promoting your Player Authored Missions to those interested here on the STO forums once the Foundry for Star Trek Online Beta makes its way to Holodeck. We'll also be rigorously enforcing the use of that forum.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Nobel Prize for Stormshade....
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-24-2010, 01:16 PM
If I could tolerate Voyager, I can tolerate bad UGC missions.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-24-2010, 01:21 PM
suppose it means anyone posting "please try my mission" elsewhere wil get the topic moved to the right forum
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-24-2010, 01:29 PM
I won't promote mine, if they are good enough, my created missions will promote themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
[color="White"]@Armsman; Do you have other players in your friends list or in your fleet (if you are in a fleet) who you consider to be friends?

You can send other players direct links to your authored missions, and I would suggest that asking your friends, before going to either the forum or the zone chat channels is a good idea, unless of course they specifically state that they are not interested before asking them.
Oh yes, I understand that (assuming Fleetmates are up for such, you can get plays from them set up, 'You play mine, I play yours, etc.); but the poster I replied to was under the impression that 'advertising' and chat spamming won't be an issue because he/she believes everyting will get played by someone; but honestly, that won't be the case for a number of people who will have spent a fair amount of time on mission craetion, so I sure we will (unfortunately) start to see 'Please play my mission' chat in game (in major social areas); as well as get some folks with bad or hurt feelings regarding the Foundry either because of feedback they didn't expect (valid or not); their mission getting a low star rating (deserved or not), etc.

There will be positives and negatives to having the Foundry in game. Hopefully, and overall, the positives will greatly out weigh the negatives in the long run and it will be considered a good feature addition to STO - but time will tell.