Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
11-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Traits would be nice. (I'm not sure how much they mean to a ground spec toon as I really don't do ground much)
The exploit boosting ones and expose increase/duration lengthen ones would likely make a difference. The activable ones can be fun (although most of them have crappy ranges, like seduce a lot of the time unless you run up to them you're not in range)

The customisation on ground is a bit bleh, everyones got the same skills. There's no "quick escape" there's no cross over in powers like space (makes sense but you're really locked in to a specific role and have to rely on others to do theirs)....can't find a sci or tac kit I actually like using, they're all skewed completely in one direction or another (or if there is a midway kit it has the crappier of skills, like the sci kits with the small range around you offensive powers with a couple buff/heals). It all just feels a lot more limiting than space pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Traits would be nice. (I'm not sure how much they mean to a ground spec toon as I really don't do ground much)
As far as space skills... ya there is now way with all the ship points needed to be competitive in space that you have anything left over for ground. Why would I go do ground pvp when I KNOW my unspeced toon is going to get slaughtered. (my ground would improve if I did it enough but I would still be at a disadvantage) By splitting the points they need to LEAVE the space points alone and add a point pool for ground that would be fitting.

I would hate to see them change it so they are pulling points from the overall to give us ground points. Both sides would be annoyed as the heavy ground spec guys would likely loose... and the heavy space guys would loose as well.
Considering they wouldn't give us enough points to spec full ground, actually any sort of SPLIT pools would put current grounders at a disadvantage.

While all of my toons are balanced build, i care for ground primarily, if they say "here you got a second pool of points for ground but only enough points to fill like in example 6 boxes and your other points are now space only" it would mean to me a huge step backwards in terms of versatility on ground as i couldn't keep my current builds.

My prefered solution:
What they should do is, set a minimum requirement for points that have to be spend in groundskills, as it makes sense for *any* captain to be proficient in both. However to avoid taking something away from full-space builds they would just raise the skill point cap by exactly that amount of points required for ground - so we all get more points, the exact amount needed additional for the ground requirement.

The result.. all full-spacers will gain a minimum set of skillpoints on the ground, maybe enough to spec into close to one kit, which makes them on ground pvp a lot more competitive compared to now - and will also help pve on ground heavily. Full ground build toons would gain that way a few more additional points for space (as they would be above the ground requirement already anyway) so grounders get a bit more competitive in space as well. This way it would be a WIN-WIN situation without anyone losing his current build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Picard
The customisation on ground is a bit bleh, everyones got the same skills. There's no "quick escape" there's no cross over in powers like space (makes sense but you're really locked in to a specific role and have to rely on others to do theirs)....can't find a sci or tac kit I actually like using, they're all skewed completely in one direction or another (or if there is a midway kit it has the crappier of skills, like the sci kits with the small range around you offensive powers with a couple buff/heals). It all just feels a lot more limiting than space pvp.
Thats actually exactly one of the things i like on ground. On ground every class has a couple of pre-defined roles and you require teamplay with your team to be successful (unless you outclass your opponents alot).

Also the absence of "quick escape" is an advantage as that means someone can't just play the solo dps'er that runs into a room of opponents kills someone with a one-trick build and escapes before they get a chance to get him. Team play, some battle planing and personal movement / dodge skills / map knowledge (use the terrain to your advantage) are a lot more required then in space where its mostly about bringing the right setup / group setup.