Lt. Commander
# 1 mission pop ups during combat
11-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Hey all,

I am getting really sick of being in the middle of combat, and having a mission based popup flash up in the middle of my screen, blocking all view of anything going on. This leads to frustration, interrupted combat feel, and sometimes character death.
All you would have to do is make it so that popups will only show up minimized as a tab on the right during red alert.Help us out here. I have talked to a great number of other players about this issue, so I know I am not alone in my annoyance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I've been complaining about this since the start, and even got some dev posts about it. Still not fixed.

My last two tickets via /bug were noting that the popup caused me to leave a mission space -- admiral popped up to yap at me when I was trying to pick up a loot, and that each and every "scan five anomalies" missions, the last anomaly is a miss on the frequency minigame, because somebody pops up and steals control away from the minigame screen.

I fully agree that there should never ever, under any circumstance, be a UI popup. There should only be a contact stack queued up in the lower right corner, and we can come to it when we're ready to with the action key or some such.

However: fair's fair, and I do need to point out that the Devedian missions had my boffs popping up to tell me things in micro-windows, with no action button prompt to steal focus. This is a vast improvement.... still not perfect, but better.

I would love to see such things appear at the top of the right-hand contact queue, out of the way and re-viewable. But many thanks to the devs for taking the step so far!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Just click in the minigame window and you will get control back.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valimaro View Post
Hey all,

I am getting really sick of being in the middle of combat, and having a mission based popup flash up in the middle of my screen, blocking all view of anything going on. This leads to frustration, interrupted combat feel, and sometimes character death.
All you would have to do is make it so that popups will only show up minimized as a tab on the right during red alert.Help us out here. I have talked to a great number of other players about this issue, so I know I am not alone in my annoyance.
Yes it is not fun at all. But you can go into the rearrange HUD option and move the popup out of the middle of the screen.
And then go into options ->controls, I think, to set continue moving when it does popup. (the default is to stop movement when a popup happens, I really hated that)
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
Just click in the minigame window and you will get control back.
Only if you click the right spot. You have to click the top left segment of the border. If you click inside the minigame window, you will not get control back.