Lt. Commander
Not sure if i am missing something or just not reading the directions right but talked to the 2 npc at sol station and the one directed me to go to the Delta Volanis Cluster to aid the planet mission .. and then i read the part about what they would need the most so bought that and headed out ..

Once i got there i just keep going into unknown systems and after the 4th or 5th one that had nothing to do with my aid the planet mission kinda gave up dropped the mission and went back and tried it over thinking i needed some kind of reset or something but same thing ???

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong .. ?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Getting and Aid the planet mission is unfortunately, rather random
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Yep, you have to just keep trying until you get one.

You could also wait until you have reached a diplomatic rank high enough that Ambassador Jiro gives you diplomatic investigations. Aid the Planet are included in those, so you would be more likely to get one every time you chose the Delta Volanis diplomatic Investigation.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-26-2010, 04:27 AM
I don't know if I'm wrong but when you leave the Delta Volanis to buy the stuff at SOL system or those flying cargoships and you return to the Delta Volanis, you should get the option to continue the mission in your lower right corner.

I did this once at an other exploration mission and it worked for me.

I hope this helpes you.

And getting the same mission after you drop it is a real small change. Even if you got an Aid the Planet mission it's not said that they ask the same stuff you just bought for the dropped mission.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Dont forget you can once again self replicate they trade stuff so as long as you have the ECs you dont need to leave the system
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys really good stuff .. One last little silly question I have not been building up my diplomatic rank so not familiar with it that much .. if not the random chance of getting an aid the planet mission whats the best way that you start working on it. And where would i check to see my current rank ? is it where my credits are and so on ..

Thanks again guys ..
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-26-2010, 09:07 AM
To see how much Diplomatic XP you've earned, open your status window (default key U) and open the progress section. That shows you how much you've earned and how much you need to earn for the next level. I'm not sure if that shows rank as well, but: you can see your Diplomatic Rank by clicking on the rank bar, or pressing F1 and clicking the 'i' to open your own character info.

Alternatively, you can see how many transwarp powers you have.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-26-2010, 10:12 AM
you can also left click on your experience bar on top of the screen to bring up a rewards window. under diplomatic corps rewards you will see your rank too.

and don't worry about the aid the planet mission. just do some delta volanis explorations one will turn up eventually. just don't wait for ambassador jiro to hand it to you :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-26-2010, 11:12 PM
you dont have to fly to cargoships to buy the thing they need. you can self replicate on your ship whiles you orbit the planet.