Lt. Commander
# 11
11-25-2010, 04:03 PM
If it does happen again and ESD is 'attacked' by Klingons.....the station on Red Alert would be awesome
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-25-2010, 04:39 PM
I must say I like this idea.
As we can intrude on each others country territory IRL it sounds fair with open borders and pvp flagging.
Border crossing should be allowed, but have consequences.

You'll have my vote on this.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Definetly
11-25-2010, 08:29 PM
How can they kill our NPC's with no problems from us. You have my vote too. At least put the staiton on red alert if even 1 Klingon member transports abord which send all NPC;s into attack mode like it would be in real life. How is it klingons can tranport into starfleets primary base and kill people. What happened to planetary defences. Does the satrbase even fire on them when they get close, can we fire on them in space? What about all the NPC ships I see flying around all the time? What the hell are they doing?
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-26-2010, 12:29 AM
I think Earthbase should have automated defense turrets for when hostiles come a callin'. People breaking the peace should be beamed into a brig for an hour game time (no log out and having a sammich while you wait). The potted plant behind you should morph into Odo and put you in a headlock. Hostiles should automatically be enabled as targets for NPCs and PCs alike.

On a more realistic note, yes, vaporizing quest givers should count as griefing. People who do this should be banned from STO: an hour for the first offense, 2 hours for the second, a day, a week, a month, permanently. No one likes a griefer, or apologists for griefers.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-26-2010, 07:17 PM
There were a few of these yesterday... I turned in a bug report and reported the players to the admins. My son was playing on tribble (First time I let him play, he was excited) and he tried to talk to admiral quinn and he was dead.

"Daddy, the guy you wanted me to talk to is dead..."
"No hes not, thats silly..."
"Yes he is, his body is laying on the floor and some green girl is shooting other people in here."
"Let me see... oh, of course... THEY are back"

So I sit down at the computer and start my reports.

30 minutes went by, and they just kept running around the station killing NPCs and players alike. It wouldn't be so bad, if you could actually fight BACK. Or even run away before you get ganked again. PvP is one thing... but this isn't PvP. That would require that you would have the ability to defend yourself. This is Greifing, pure and simple.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
I have noticed a few times KDF visitors on Sol vaporizing NPC quest givers near the shipyard ramp. My suggestion to Cryptic, there should be a trigger if a visiting KDF player in Federation territory. When they do anything hostile, they should be flagged as such and a valid target to any player until dead. Respawn would kick the offenders butt back to Qo'nos C.O.D

The same could go for visiting Federation characters should the KDF ever gain the ability to invite fed players over.
If this feature is coming to Live, please let me know now. I'm due to be charged again on the 29th and I'd rather cancel before then, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
If this feature is coming to Live, please let me know now. I'm due to be charged again on the 29th and I'd rather cancel before then, thank you.
This is not a feature. Klingons cannot get to ESD. I don't even know why the OP is posting this stuff, because the only place this is an issue right now is on TRIBBLE, the test server. And its only because of a bug that was fixed nearly a month ago.

The only reason this is still an issue is because people never moved their Klingons from ESD after the bug was fixed. And its only on TRIBBLE. It does not, will not affect the live server, at all.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Yes I've never seen that on Holodeck, just on Tribel. And it is a bug, caused by the fact that Cryptic forgot to change "Warp to ESD" to "Warp to Quonos" when they copied and pastet the Star Cruiser to the new gorn ship.

And as a bug that shouldnt be solved by any warning sings, just by removing the problem.

Althogh i have to admit... it is fun to clean up the ESD^^
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-27-2010, 05:16 AM
It happened on the live servers awhile back. A lone klink was killing NPCs. I haven't seen him since but it did happen.
Lt. Commander
# 20 I agree whole heartedly!
11-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiawe
I think Earthbase should have automated defense turrets for when hostiles come a callin'. People breaking the peace should be beamed into a brig for an hour game time (no log out and having a sammich while you wait). The potted plant behind you should morph into Odo and put you in a headlock. Hostiles should automatically be enabled as targets for NPCs and PCs alike.

On a more realistic note, yes, vaporizing quest givers should count as griefing. People who do this should be banned from STO: an hour for the first offense, 2 hours for the second, a day, a week, a month, permanently. No one likes a griefer, or apologists for griefers.

This isn't suckfoot WoW. This whole endeaver for a Tribble Test weekend FAILED, thanks to this bug & no one around to handle it.
Closed Thread