Lt. Commander
# 1 how do I decloak?
11-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Sorry, noob question: I just started using my Klingon Empire character and I can't figure out how to use the Cloak ability effectively. I engage Cloak to sneak up on a ship but then all my weapons are grayed out, I can't start the fight until I get really close to the other ship and they fire on me (then since it's Red Alert, Cloak is automatically turned off and my weapons become usable again.) How do I turn it off myself so I can start the battle when I want to?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-27-2010, 10:26 AM
the button to cloak is also your decloak. try not to get too close. you should hit the 'decloak' as soon as your nearly in range or in range to fire on your target. if you cloak just before the 10k range then you might find yourself waiting on a reuse timer? so maybe you just have a slight timing issue.
after your 'noob' ship other brids of pray have a battle cloak which can be used while in combat. other klingon ships have the standard cloak. just incase you didn't know.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Your maximum damage on the alpha strike will be at 5 km, so if you decloack at about 9 or 10 than manually fire the salvo when you get closer. Just be sure to keep your engines/speed at full as it's your best defense.