Lt. Commander
# 11
09-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
So...how do you get the 7ft Catlian?
in advance mode you just put the base height at max (6'5") then increase torso length and leg length to the max, of course increase arm length as well as to even it out, that would roughly be 7 feet tall, even though the height meter doesnt change.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
in advance mode you just put the base height at max (6'5") then increase torso length and leg length to the max, of course increase arm length as well as to even it out, that would roughly be 7 feet tall, even though the height meter doesnt change.
I must try this!!
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
You haven't lived until you've seen a Trill in slinky evening wear take down a pack of targs, or an 7 foot Catian in a yellow tux shred some Romulans.
I did the latest weekly with my little trill and didn't realize that I still hat her in the evening wear when she beamed down to that ice planet. . .nothing like a good fight to keep you warm though ^.^ 5'-3" Trill in evening gown melee'ing the Breen in sub zero temperatures. . .

~D
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing-Man View Post
When you equip your armor you can go right click on it and there is an option to hide it from view on your character.
Can't tell you how much I've wanted to know this! Thanks for the info. I made it all the way to Commander without knowing this.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
Please? I go through all this trouble to make my uniform green, then I put BLUE armor on? If there was a pretty picture guide then I would know what all the green ones were! Thanx!
I've actually been thinking about making one of these... Maybe using my Ship Chart as a basis for it; not sure. Either way, I'm looking into it to see how feasible it is, and how many shots that would need to be worked on and crunching the numbers. A bud of mine is checking some of his characters with various 'bind on equip' armors I don't have access to... I've also been considering adding Kits. Once again, this is all up in the air... I don't know how much work would be involved yet.

If it's doable, I will consider it. I haven't seen anything like this in-game, and I definitely see the need for seeing what a certain kit or armor looks like prior to choosing it. (Especially for anal-retentive folks like me :p)
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermitch View Post
I've actually been thinking about making one of these... Maybe using my Ship Chart as a basis for it; not sure. Either way, I'm looking into it to see how feasible it is, and how many shots that would need to be worked on and crunching the numbers. A bud of mine is checking some of his characters with various 'bind on equip' armors I don't have access to... I've also been considering adding Kits. Once again, this is all up in the air... I don't know how much work would be involved yet.

If it's doable, I will consider it. I haven't seen anything like this in-game, and I definitely see the need for seeing what a certain kit or armor looks like prior to choosing it. (Especially for anal-retentive folks like me :p)
If you're still considering this, I have screenshots for all of the basic (read: not the Chromo) body armor types at Mk X. I still have to get the Utility ones (to see if they look different) but what I have so far is for a Fed Engineer (so the armor is yellow...except for one):

Polyalloy Weave - Front / Back

Energy Harness - Front / Back

Physical Augmentation - Front / Back

Recoil Compensating - Front / Back

Integrated Targeting - Front / Back

Energy Dampening - Front / Back

No, that's not a mistake. Four of the six sets look exactly alike with one only differing in color. No, that's not a mistake either. Integrated Targeting is RED regardless of profession. I'm going to check lower tiers to see if maybe this is an issue much like the item pricing/stats of stuff from MK IX to MK XII (i.e. where some items show lower/the same stats at uncommon/rare than they have at common or the item value of certain items doesn't go up for higher tiers). I do like the look of Polyalloy Weave and Energy Dampening (for reasons other than their uniqueness, in comparison with the others).