Lt. Commander
# 1 STF Joint op's missions
11-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Ok so let me begin by saying Hello to everyone in the community I have been in STO for the past month and I must say I am loving it. I have 2 Federation and 1 Klingon ( 2 VA 1 LT.Gen). So I guess ill jump straight to the point. I have noticed that after reaching VA / LT Gen we get STF missions (which i must say are loads of fun) but there is just one problem i have. The Klingons can only go with Klingons on these missions and Federation can only go with Federation. I was wondering if it would be possible to make these missions join missions (kind of like the way we have our deep space encounters in Borg space) and if its done correctly it wouldn't really be bad to be honest. Just food for thought but I'd like to hear your opinions on this guys thanks again and see you in space.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-28-2010, 06:33 AM
Even it was cooperation within the fleets - that would be awesome as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-28-2010, 06:48 AM
most of us have been wanting this forever.. even the 'cannon' guys can't argue against this one
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidarr View Post
most of us have been wanting this forever.. even the 'cannon' guys can't argue against this one
And we've been promised it for just as long, never come to pass though
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Hmm it is curious that feds and klingons can be on the same map, not be able to shoot one another, but the klingons can shoot npcs

So its not a cant be on same map and not shoot each other issue

So it must have something to do with the faction check that must occur when inviting someone to a team...
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I think that making these missions cross-faction team content will inevitably become a necessity considering how badly these missions have been designed and how little they're used.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
I think that making these missions cross-faction team content will inevitably become a necessity considering how badly these missions have been designed and how little they're used.
speak for yourself. those missions are awesome. all it requires is for ppl to work as a team. sadly enough thats not possible for 70%* of the folks one encounters ingame ^^

*numbers may vary according to paid attention, time online, language skills and general outlook on life. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Gozer said in another thread that they want to do crossfaction teaming for STF's,and would have done it already,but it takes some serious work coding wise to make it happen.

My suggestion....we start pelting the devs with tribbles till the day we get crossfaction teaming.