Lt. Commander
# 11
11-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Again, if you want to support the idea that's fine. I don't. I dislike the idea. It doesn't fit the genre, IMO. I don't own Cryptic so my vote in this thread doesn't count for any more then yours or the OP's does so I'm not sure why you think convincing me will also convince Cryptic.
Obviously there was no point in convincing you. But others will see that post and see the REASONING. Have a nice day.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Obviously there was no point in convincing you. But others will see that post and see the REASONING. Have a nice day.
I think people are smart enough to figure it out for themselves; maybe I just give people more credit then you do. And thanks! I'm having a great day! I hope you are too!
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipORican View Post
I would like to see additional pets offered such as Data's cat "Spot" or just a Somali cat; Janeway's dog "Molly" or just an Irish Setter; and Archer's dog "Porthos" or just a Beagle. Also, add the option to leave the pet behind.

Having the pet can add some kind of ground trait to the character like
Somali cat = Stubborn or Creative;
Beagle = Acute Senses or Lucky;
Irish Setter = Peak health or Sure Footed.
...or a whole new Ground Trait.

For example, Human Characters are given:
Leadership: +15% repair rate
Teamwork: +5% exploit damage

Then you can pick 2 additional traits only. Having a pet can give them an additional ground trait in case the two trait chosen earlier are space traits that they picked or they want to stack more additional ground traits. Now you can purchase a pet that can add a ground trait when taken on away missions.
Stick with your idea. Ignore the naysayers. You have an awesome concept.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah, it works really nice in WoW too.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Yeah, it works really nice in WoW too.
I hope you refrain from petting your tribble. I would hate to have you called hypocrite.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
I hope you refrain from petting your tribble. I would hate to have you called hypocrite.
I don't waste my time breeding and carrying tribbles. My 2 Science BOs can heal everyone up quite quickly; especially since the game lets you heal completely before you reach the next mob anyway. Plus I'd rather use my 4 slots on items I get from missions: pattern enhancers, Cryo-grenades, Canes, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipORican View Post
I would like to see additional pets offered such as Data's cat "Spot" or just a Somali cat; Janeway's dog "Molly" or just an Irish Setter; and Archer's dog "Porthos" or just a Beagle. Also, add the option to leave the pet behind.

Having the pet can add some kind of ground trait to the character like
Somali cat = Stubborn or Creative;
Beagle = Acute Senses or Lucky;
Irish Setter = Peak health or Sure Footed.
...or a whole new Ground Trait.

For example, Human Characters are given:
Leadership: +15% repair rate
Teamwork: +5% exploit damage

Then you can pick 2 additional traits only. Having a pet can give them an additional ground trait in case the two trait chosen earlier are space traits that they picked or they want to stack more additional ground traits. Now you can purchase a pet that can add a ground trait when taken on away missions.
Interesting idea, it could have potential.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
Interesting idea, it could have potential.
I agree and I am all for an addition to pets to the game that can be logically applied. So I believe the OP is onto something real neat.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Like mentioned before STO has tribbles to give temporary buffs, why not add other animals to STO that can enhance characters. It doesn't necessarily have to be magical. It is more or less like having a dog with alert, well, if you take him on an away mission he will alert you of potential danger, just like the dog in Fallout 3. The pets available already on STO do nothing and contribute nothing. Instead of having to use the tricorder to find things your pet can help do that too.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
First of all a dog can in real life be used for REAL purposes like...

1. Alerting it's master to a threat before he would normally be aware. (Accute Senses/Exploit dmg..for instance increased hearing or smell)

2. Dogs have been used to augment attacks in real life. (K9 Shepards- have one of those clamp down on your arm and see what happens)

3. Cats have uses as well that translate in the game such as increased sight and smell in dark settings.

So..you are you going to tell me that while we can pet a tribble and get a MAGIC buff, that we can't have pets that do translate into the game in a way that they can augment their masters abilities?

Not to be rude, but do you think you really have a grasp on the concept of the OP? I think not.

BTW Beagles were developed to be hunters. Be a good way to uncover stealth players.
I like all the comments and feedback on my request...and Sevenstarr got what I truly meant in terms of how pets with traits that do exist in the real world be added to STO game play. Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time around.