Lt. Commander
# 21
11-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Okay - as one of the players that has experienced this..... From the Kling side - let me give you a little input.

1)No, it wasn't a hack I was trying. It was a log-out (from Fed) log back in to Klingon character, and the servers dropped me back in Fed space. Why ? Dunno. Don't care. And this was NOT tribble - it was Holodeck.

2)Yes, I flew around Sirius sector. I beamed into SOL, and paid Quinn a visit. And yes...as soon as the roving Security teams seen me, they fired on me immediately. Even if I just stood in the corner and did nothing. I took two steps in Quinn's office, and that was enough to aggro several NPCs.

3)yes - you can kill the NPCs on ESD. But you better not wake up the Security patrols.

4)Yes, you can target and kill NPC ships in Starbase 24 action. The Klingon fleet treats you like a brother!

5)Yes - I kept screen-shots. They are on our fleet's website. And yes...we had fun with it.

6)Yes, it apparently p.o'ed a few people. How dare I ? Simple - a gift for tinkering was given to me somehow, and I - ever the curious one - took it. If you are looking for an apology, you are gonna wait a long long long time. I didn't hack this together in any way shape or form, but not going to pass up an outstanding chance to learn some game-dynamics when presented to me !!
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post
Okay - as one of the players that has experienced this..... From the Kling side - let me give you a little input.

1)No, it wasn't a hack I was trying. It was a log-out (from Fed) log back in to Klingon character, and the servers dropped me back in Fed space. Why ? Dunno. Don't care. And this was NOT tribble - it was Holodeck.

2)Yes, I flew around Sirius sector. I beamed into SOL, and paid Quinn a visit. And yes...as soon as the roving Security teams seen me, they fired on me immediately. Even if I just stood in the corner and did nothing. I took two steps in Quinn's office, and that was enough to aggro several NPCs.

3)yes - you can kill the NPCs on ESD. But you better not wake up the Security patrols.

4)Yes, you can target and kill NPC ships in Starbase 24 action. The Klingon fleet treats you like a brother!

5)Yes - I kept screen-shots. They are on our fleet's website. And yes...we had fun with it.

6)Yes, it apparently p.o'ed a few people. How dare I ? Simple - a gift for tinkering was given to me somehow, and I - ever the curious one - took it. If you are looking for an apology, you are gonna wait a long long long time. I didn't hack this together in any way shape or form, but not going to pass up an outstanding chance to learn some game-dynamics when presented to me !!
"No your honor, I didn't BUY a gun, nor did I have any intention of killing all those people... but when the gun fell in my lap, what could I possibly do? I couldn't possibly pass up an outstanding chance to learn how murder works, now could I?"
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
I'm glad they don't listen to you people. Go play eve :p
This...

10char
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-28-2010, 11:58 AM
I think the Klinks raiding important Federation installations is a pretty epic concept. I think there should be special events set up where Klingons are given access to maybe a certain instance of ESD and Feds who want to defend can go to that instance and do so. It'll certainly add a diverse element to both sides.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-29-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post

Sounds like fun, for an unentional bug. I would love to see those screen shots.
Good Lord, just how wasted is the dog in your avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windleaf View Post
This isn't suckfoot WoW. This whole endeaver for a Tribble Test weekend FAILED, thanks to this bug & no one around to handle it.
Wow, you mean no one was able to test at all, all weekend?!?
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-29-2010, 11:50 AM
if i promise not to act like a FED NOOB, and kill vendors, throw breen ice grenades and spam fire eqstuingisher...

CAN I RAID ESD?!?!?!

i really dont want to do much but blast federation vessels!

actually...

i'd rather raid Mars!!!

can you guys make an earth zone like Mars shipyards that Klignons can raid!

we promise we wont kill vendors!!!

but while we're on the subject of idoitic players...

can we ban feds from Ganalda Dabo???
all they do is run in and spam the klingon Dabo players with breen grenades!

better yet... can we raid DS9 Dabo and spam THEM with breen grenades?

and why do feds get their own dabo table AND get access to klingon dabo at Ganalda???
why dont the klingons get their own Dabo table free from feddie fire extuingisher spam?

i like this thread... it's incredibly insane and obsurd!
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rek View Post
if i promise not to act like a FED NOOB, and kill vendors, throw breen ice grenades and spam fire eqstuingisher...

CAN I RAID ESD?!?!?!

i really dont want to do much but blast federation vessels!

actually...

i'd rather raid Mars!!!

can you guys make an earth zone like Mars shipyards that Klignons can raid!

we promise we wont kill vendors!!!

but while we're on the subject of idoitic players...

can we ban feds from Ganalda Dabo???
all they do is run in and spam the klingon Dabo players with breen grenades!

better yet... can we raid DS9 Dabo and spam THEM with breen grenades?

and why do feds get their own dabo table AND get access to klingon dabo at Ganalda???
why dont the klingons get their own Dabo table free from feddie fire extuingisher spam?

i like this thread... it's incredibly insane and obsurd!
lol and tyvm ^_^

In all honestly I have seen Klinks on ESD, I wouldn't mind them being able to visit. I can see in the future KDF and Feds mixing more and more based on the current trend.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
lol and tyvm ^_^

In all honestly I have seen Klinks on ESD, I wouldn't mind them being able to visit. I can see in the future KDF and Feds mixing more and more based on the current trend.
well... the klingon and feds in the ST universe have always had an on-again off-again relationship.
like a creepy and disfunctional couple that are both socially 'tarded but are both too sexy to ignore.

they go to war, then the klingons realize the feds are the most honorable power besides themselves, and decide to spontaniously save them from doom...
and then they give the excuse "meh... we were bored and wanted to get in on a good fight... but you are arrogent and honorless, so you wouldnt understand"

then there is peace...

then they go to war, then the feds realise they really cant trust any one else in the galaxy, and klingons are actually capable of (if begrudgingly) an amazing amount of honor and compassion, and decide to extend an olive branch, or save them from a plague, or from romulans, or from starvation....
then they give the excuse "um... yeah... its in our charter... and besides we are more evolved then you, so you wouldnt even understand"

then there is peace...

then there is war...

and the klingons often hang out with their enemies on Qonos like nothing is wrong... even duting a bloody civil war.
and feds are always doing secret deals for the "greater good" even if the deals are with their enemies.

so its all a REALLY grey area...

but hey... its all canon... and it's ALL GOOD BABY!

the Devs have begum giving in and capitulating to the Klingon demands of more equality when compared to feds, and more sector space access...

so you will probably see more and more klingons in and around sector space!
and vice versa of course.
just look at ganalda....
its like one big argument/kiss-and-make-up session between the two empires!

but i think any klingons showing up in ESD and killing vendors or VIPS are probably BUGS, or Devs having a blast! (because they can)

i think most klingons just want to cloak up and explore feddie space so they can annoy and giggle at feds.
maybe some of us want to cause a little michief... but not killing vendors or being a true pest.
(i.e.shhhh... we're cloaked... you can't see us HEHEHEH)

all i know is that in order to hang out with my feddie freinds i had to roll a toon on the fed side that was an exact duplicate of my main klingon toon.
and then level him up to VA.

that seems kind of a waste now that i find out others are sneaking into earth space dock with their klingons...

how come i can't smeak in ?!?!!?
i'll be good... i promise... kinda
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-30-2010, 02:11 PM
People are saying this ruined there day, or they sat around watching waiting for someone to stop it. My question is why not just change instances?
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
People are saying this ruined there day, or they sat around watching waiting for someone to stop it. My question is why not just change instances?
Sometimes there isn't multiple instances to jump between.

Since the ice cube grenade has been brought up by the KDF members, lets use that as an example. That send you into red alert correct? By mechanics of the game it is an attack. Somebody is tossing them around driving you bonkers freezing you over and over. Freezing NPCs so they cannot be interacted with ect. Would it not be nice to be able to counter attack and potentially send the nutter home?
Closed Thread