Lt. Commander
# 91
11-29-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't want you to try my mission.

I've got a fleet for that.

I really hope we have the option of limiting who can go on our missions, too.
Lt. Commander
# 92
11-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
I don't want you to try my mission.

I've got a fleet for that.

I really hope we have the option of limiting who can go on our missions, too.
why wouldnt you want everyone to play your missions? after all the work you put into it you wouldnt want people to enjoy it? i dont understand that.
Lt. Commander
# 93
11-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Pro-Tip:
When Foundry hits Tribble (whenever that is), create a channel called "UGC" or "Foundry" and join that. Get as many people there.

These tools are fairly straightforward but some cool tricks will require some foreknowledge
I was thinking the same thing. Shoot I assumed those already doing the testing would do that first thing.
Anyway, Cryptic should use the Bulletin system to clearly let all the players know pimpin' should be done in such a channel ONLY. Outside of channel would be considered in ill form and likely carry the wrath of the community and or maybe some "official" slap down.
Lt. Commander
# 94
11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
why wouldnt you want everyone to play your missions? after all the work you put into it you wouldnt want people to enjoy it? i dont understand that.
I don't mind other people trying my mission.

I don't want the OP trying my mission. He's got a bad attitude, and I'd rather not have the 1 star and horrible review I'll probably get from him.
Lt. Commander
# 95
11-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
I can understand it... Let's say that I'm my fleet's content writer. My content will serve to provide my fleet with structured regular activities to participate in. Sort of an on-going story arc that involves specific characters and locations with story elements that people who aren't in the fleet may not "get" because the humor or esoteric banter would require being in-the-know.

Missions written with one's fleet in mind would likely be written differently from those intended for "everyone".

Before publishing a UGC mission, a filter for public, fleet, or private deployment would be a useful tool. Public would obviously be for everyone. Fleet would be for anyone in the same fleet as the author, and private would be anyone the author specifically designates the mission for.
Lt. Commander
# 96
11-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Step 3 is ?????
Step 4 is Profit
Ah! How could I forget about ????? I suppose that's what happens when you take the direct route.

The one additional comment I would add would be to kindly request that all Foundry feedback in the forums be directed to the Foundry sub-forum instead of here.
Lt. Commander
# 97
11-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devast8tor View Post
Ah! How could I forget about ????? I suppose that's what happens when you take the direct route.

The one additional comment I would add would be to kindly request that all Foundry feedback in the forums be directed to the Foundry sub-forum instead of here.
The in-game feedback is very intuitive and very helpful when you go into the Creation Mode - showing scores and feedback for a mission. This allows you to read the latest reviews and fix problem areas of a mission from the editor. Someone can leave feedback about a typo (feedback that only you'll see) and you can change it.

This means missions with problems (ones that wouldn't require reporting) can be easily fixed.
See a typo? Leave feedback with the error.

Was a mission objective confusing? Leave feedback.

Did it conflict with the canon of Animated Series Season 1 Episode 3 depiction of the giant space cloud heading to Mantilles? I'm not touching this issue and I hope people can suspend their disbelief.
Lt. Commander
# 98
11-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Well, if I have to go in to advertising to get people's opinions on my missions, then I will most likely not even try. I am not going to compete with people's ability to advertise. Just because they can advertise better than I can, does not mean their stories will be any better.

I have some very interesting ideas saved up for some missions, sad nobody will check them out unless I advertise along with the competition. No thanks.
I agree completely. I am not going to spam anyone about my missions because I know how annoying it is to get spammed. I'm essentially going to create missions that I personally want to play. If others want to play them too then that is an added bonus. I figure if I manage to create a fun mission then word will spread naturally.
Lt. Commander
# 99
11-29-2010, 10:16 PM
I wonder how many "Kobayashi Maru" missions there will be...

:p
Lt. Commander
# 100
11-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I wonder how many "Kobayashi Maru" missions there will be...

:p
I can't help but wonder if you mean missions actually based on the Kobayashi Maru or missions that are rigged as to be woefully unwinable.