Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Forum is not very Trekkie
11-30-2010, 03:53 PM
I notice that the forum is very generic and not star trek like.

Could we get better pics. and icons for the forum to look more Trekkie and less forum generic
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimevalAtom View Post
I notice that the forum is very generic and not star trek like.

Could we get better pics. and icons for the forum to look more Trekkie and less forum generic
vBulletin is only so customizable. The best they could do is change the emoticons to include some borg or something. Aside from that, you're looking at about as trek as it will get.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-30-2010, 04:02 PM
I suggested Star Trek smileys a while back, but nothing came of it. Besides, players are going to have who knows what kind of avatars anyways.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Then you get into the problem would the forum be 25th century trek or 23rd century trek. And then you'd have people complaining about Enterprise emoticons cluttering up their Next Gen emoticons. And you'd have the Klingons complain because they wouldn't have an equal number of emoticons. And there would be at least one person demanding Undine emoticons.

It just seems to much of a hassle. Best to let this one go
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
Then you get into the problem would the forum be 25th century trek or 23rd century trek. And then you'd have people complaining about Enterprise emoticons cluttering up their Next Gen emoticons. And you'd have the Klingons complain because they wouldn't have an equal number of emoticons. And there would be at least one person demanding Undine emoticons.

It just seems to much of a hassle. Best to let this one go
Nope... can't let it go

Definitely we need Star Trek Icons and perhaps pics. of the enterprises to let us know a forum msg is new (new Enterprise) or old (old Enterprise)

I am sure it will take just one employ one day of work to improve this forum 100%

just my opinion.

PS: WOW is even worse than what I thought "You are limited to using 4 images"
What kind of 1980's Forum is this... Are we using dial up 14.4 kbit/s again???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-01-2010, 07:39 PM
I have to agree. Has anyone checkout out the SWTOR forum design? snif-snif feel like the poor cousin.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
1234567890
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
http://forum.ufplanets.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132

I like this forum 'look-n-feel', you?
Great feel but would increase load times.

Stormshade has stated before that the minimalistic file constraints for avatars and attachments in deliberate.

It is to boost the speed of each page loaded (as many STO players are in bandwidth-capped countries where forums like that would eat up their MB/month)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
http://forum.ufplanets.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132

I like this forum 'look-n-feel', you?
Holp crap, that looks awesome !
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
I have to agree. Has anyone checkout out the SWTOR forum design? snif-snif feel like the poor cousin.
Yup and that is why I feel our Forum looks more like a free web browser game forum than what STO should look like.

The Web page itself is not bad but it should be updated on a weekly basis ( I mean I have been here a month and the Rapier is still the feature ship).

But the forum is a complete disgrace

I play Star Craft II and just by looking at their forum and how they link their game and the accomplishment you earn in the game with the forum, for you to share with people, tells you why they (Blizzard) are number one and we are number .... (not sure but xfire I think put us in the 90's).

I believe STO is working hard to climb up the ladder of MMO games and perhaps one day be a contestant to WoW. But the improvement package has to be complete and no online game experience can be complete without a fantastic forum for people to communicate with one another and shared their game accomplishment.

Just look at how SC2 forum lets you see your character victories and accolades. STO could do that and more... We could see each other ships and BoFF and their stats, we could even see our trophies or special items that we value as family keepsakes

Anyways... I could go on and on but the bottom line is our forum is cheap very veRY VERY cheap looking, an embarrassment really for a game that has a monthly fee.

Just my opinion.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 AM.