Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
After I logged off at 3AM this morning, I found myself thinking of a few more things I'd like to see on STO. Here they are, for what they're worth...

1) Legendary Officers: When we go shopping for bridge officers, it would be epic cool if the choices included Legendary Officers. These would be officers who had the skills and abilities on par with the crews of the various Trek series. An example would be a science officer who had the abilities of Spock; another would have the abilities of Jadzia Dax. They wouldn't have to be a Vulcan male or female Trill either, though they could be. We should be told up front on who they were based. These characters would cost considerably more, as well. Which leads me to my second suggestion...

2)More Player Option on Bridge Officers: Instead of having us choose from pregenerated characters, with us only being able to change the name, let us choose their race, gender and bridge position as well. In fact, let us have pretty much the same control over making the NPC as we have over our own characters. They're still AI characters, but now we will have customized them. Also, allow them the same number of slots as we have for costume changes. These could be seperate, or not, from Legendary Officers. In either case, LOs should cost considerably more than non-LOs.

3) Hailing Frequencies: Allow us to hail other ships as is done on Trek. Let us hail NPC Captains for helpful hints on the mission (unless they're the enemy) and other PC ships.

4) Classic/Movie bridges: The bridge from the original series should be available (heck, i'd say standard) for the classic TOS Enterprise styled ship. Also, for the movie-era Enterprise (the real one, not last year's Diet Trek model), which I just found out last night is availble at the rank of LTCmdr, it would be nice to have the option of the various bridges seen there.

Just my unasked for two cents. Your milage may vary.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2010, 10:47 AM
1. Interesting... but you'd still end up with four skills that can be changed out if you don't like them.

2. You can buy nearly any race and either gender, and even "alien" BOs, from ESD. I would definitely support more costume slots for BOs.

4. More bridges are always welcome. People have been suggesting the TOS bridge since closed beta though, so it probably won't happen in a hurry. But I would definitely get it!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I'd love to open a new chat window with a friend and have our character portraits display while sitting in our captain's chair, though I'd also love for this to not happen every time I send a tell to someone.

I'd also love to be able to cruse sector space on auto pilot while on my bridge, perhaps by speaking to my helms officer (while seated in my captain's chair) to travel to a system some where in the currant sector block.

I'd love to be able to go to my astrometrics lab and set a course to any system in the entire game, regardless of my current location.

I'd love to go to my warp core and fiddle with my warp field to make the travel time shorter (or longer if I fail).

I'd love to go to my ship's sick bay to cure my captain and crew's injuries and to the engineering lab to fix my ship's injuries, and play a mini game to see if I can do it with out using a repair kit.

I'd love to force all of my crew members to wear a certain uniform.

I'd love to sit at chars at quarcks bar.

I'd love to order food from my mess hall in my ship.

I'd love to use a sub space communicator to access the exchange, even if I can post or retrieve items, I can still buy them and pick them up later.

You know, the little things.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
1. Interesting... but you'd still end up with four skills that can be changed out if you don't like them.

2. You can buy nearly any race and either gender, and even "alien" BOs, from ESD. I would definitely support more costume slots for BOs.

4. More bridges are always welcome. People have been suggesting the TOS bridge since closed beta though, so it probably won't happen in a hurry. But I would definitely get it!
I guess I'm missing something again....I'm not seeing a problem with being able to change out skills if they're not working for you.
As for Spacedock, I haven't been on the game today yet, but what's been offered to me by way of bridge officers is pretty much limited to what I already have.
Finally, salute Raso's way for the incredible wish list. I want those, too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I'd love to see this go into your first thread
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker1960
I guess I'm missing something again....I'm not seeing a problem with being able to change out skills if they're not working for you.
As for Spacedock, I haven't been on the game today yet, but what's been offered to me by way of bridge officers is pretty much limited to what I already have.
Finally, salute Raso's way for the incredible wish list. I want those, too.
Well, I mean, if the whole point is to have BOs with abilities like your favorite officers, you can already do that. Just go to a BO power store. If the idea is to have BOs with their traits, that's different. But the traits would have to all be not only good traits, but superior versions of the traits to justify spending more on them. And even then, what if they have traits that are useless to you?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Well, I mean, if the whole point is to have BOs with abilities like your favorite officers, you can already do that. Just go to a BO power store. If the idea is to have BOs with their traits, that's different. But the traits would have to all be not only good traits, but superior versions of the traits to justify spending more on them. And even then, what if they have traits that are useless to you?
I guess what I should be asking is, where can I find Bridge Officer Power Stores......

Rest of your post, I agree with. I think that's what I was saying earlier, if I'm reading it right.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
I guess what I should be asking is, where can I find Bridge Officer Power Stores......

Rest of your post, I agree with. I think that's what I was saying earlier, if I'm reading it right.
Beam down to earth space dock. Turn to your right, and head towards the shipyard (counter-clockwise direction). Go past the shipyard. The next section is the "Personnel" section. One of the NPC's on your left can train bridge officers. (This is not the same one that sells officers). He is the one that is standing next to the fleet ambassador.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Almost forgot--add to my wish lists a COMPREHENSIVE manual which includes how the heck to operate a tractor beam! Three engineers, and I can't find the dang thing.

Not just the tractor beam--starship combat tactics, energy distribution, cool stuff like that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Almost forgot--add to my wish lists a COMPREHENSIVE manual which includes how the heck to operate a tractor beam! Three engineers, and I can't find the dang thing.

Not just the tractor beam--starship combat tactics, energy distribution, cool stuff like that.
Like with most MMOs, by the time any such manual can be compiled and electronically published, it will be out of date.