Lt. Commander
# 1 Sol System?
12-01-2010, 02:51 PM
So, I was playing on Tribble this weekend really loving the new Sector Space when it hit me: When the heck are we going to get the rest of the Sol system?

It is not in the Engineering report for Season 3, so it is obviously not coming out this month.

But, I'd really love to see it for Season 4, whenever that is...

It isn't like you have to make up what the rest of the planets look like. The NASA site has some really good imagery that anyone can download.

Maybe its me, but it just seems silly that we warp into Sol and only see the Earth and its moon. I remember the scene in Star Trek the Motion picture when they first left space dock on full impulse and were at Jupiter in no time. I'd love to be able to do that in STO.

Anyway, looking forward to Season 3 going live (provided the server timeout issue is fixed) and I really enjoy the game.

Keep up the good work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2010, 02:53 PM
It's been mentioned several times.They're not going to implement it until they can do it right: a whole solar system. I wouldn't expect to see it much before Season 5 or 6.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2010, 02:54 PM
The only answer given to your question is:

"We have the SOL system completed, but we will not publish it untill there is somthing to do there"...

Or somthing like that.

Basically they have it all, but there is nothing to do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Besides there are bigger and more important things these guys gotta worry about before they give us pretty shots of the moon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2010, 03:09 PM
The Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards are in the game as a Klingon mission. They should open that up for Fed players to visit too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I'd like to see Jupiter station used for weapons research like in Canon.

I mean, since they have said that they want to redo crafting, maybe it can be split into pieces:

- Weapons and sheild research at Jupiter Station
- Propulsion and Engineering console research at Utopia Planetia
- Medical research and other health related studies somewhere else (wasn't there mention of a medical
research facility at Neptune or Pluto?)

There is plenty that can be done in the Sol system.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-01-2010, 03:14 PM
I think they know there's a lot of possibilities. They just don't have the manpower yet to implement enough things for people to do in Sol to make it meaningful. We already get enough complaints on the forum about why people can't visit Earth.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I think they know there's a lot of possibilities. They just don't have the manpower yet to implement enough things for people to do in Sol to make it meaningful. We already get enough complaints on the forum about why people can't visit Earth.
I hear ya. I'm one of them who complained about not being able to visit Earth. I mean, you can transport to the surface of Vulcan, but there is nothing to do but run around. What a waste of programmer time that was...
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Get this, I heard Dstahl was planning on making the entire Sol system one big instance. He said he somehow wants to make it so that when you enter Sol you can actually just fly around to the different planets instead of having to change instances each time.