Lt. Commander
# 11
12-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
Actualy, if the just made Mars, and released it to the Foundry, then the user-base would have a field-day filling it with content.
well Mars and Utopia Planitia is a mission on the Klingon side, maybe that map will be available in foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
Get this, I heard Dstahl was planning on making the entire Sol system one big instance. He said he somehow wants to make it so that when you enter Sol you can actually just fly around to the different planets instead of having to change instances each time.

If that's true, it'd be pretty nice.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
It's definitely something we'd love to be able to do. However, we have alot of other things that need to be done as well. This is definitely on the list though!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
It's definitely something we'd love to be able to do. However, we have alot of other things that need to be done as well. This is definitely on the list though!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Will it be a seamless world or each planet an instance, and finally why not put up a smaller space station interior for Utopia Planitia? There could be a bar with a view of Mars. That would be rockin'.

Also I strongly urge DStahl that if they are going to rework ESD exterior and interior, they might as well go all out and FIX the whole Sol system. The blue background around Earth space he has mentioned he is not too enthused about, that needs to change, perhaps a little tinkering with the lack of clouds on Earth and the distance of the Moon from Earth, etc.

Sol system could be remade into a bustling home colony for Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800lbGorilla
So, I was playing on Tribble this weekend really loving the new Sector Space when it hit me: When the heck are we going to get the rest of the Sol system?

It is not in the Engineering report for Season 3, so it is obviously not coming out this month.

But, I'd really love to see it for Season 4, whenever that is...

It isn't like you have to make up what the rest of the planets look like. The NASA site has some really good imagery that anyone can download.

Maybe its me, but it just seems silly that we warp into Sol and only see the Earth and its moon. I remember the scene in Star Trek the Motion picture when they first left space dock on full impulse and were at Jupiter in no time. I'd love to be able to do that in STO.

Anyway, looking forward to Season 3 going live (provided the server timeout issue is fixed) and I really enjoy the game.

Keep up the good work.
If they just make the planets look cool, then all the "let us just fly to them" threads get replaced with "let us beam down" threads. If they just make a planetside map, they get replaced with "give us something to do" threads.

They should hold off until they can give us something to do on them.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

Thanks,

Stormshade
Having diplomacy missions such as looking for a spy on Jupiter Station or the Lunar colonies would be a good way to work those maps into the game...just sayin...
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards are in the game as a Klingon mission. They should open that up for Fed players to visit too.
Except Mars is missing its colonies. :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-01-2010, 07:16 PM
The Sol Solar System would also be an obvious spot for low level Foundry missions. However, I can wait on this bit of fluff as there are some great things already being worked on! Looking forward to when it is available though.

maj!
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-02-2010, 05:58 AM
I want to goto siskos restaurant sometime...
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Instead of having big 10km balls into which we can bump, why not make the planets massive matte paintings off in the background that we cannot approach? The end effect would be better and look more realistic.

The matte paintings could be made to "rotate" to give the illusion that we are orbiting the planets. Sure we wouldn't be able to force orbit the planet, but is that better or worse than bumping into a planet the size of Cardiff's Millennium Dome?