Lt. Commander
# 1 Utopia Planitia???
12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
When can we see Mars and this highly anticipated ship yard be added to sol system so we can get new missions and or just explore it

PLEASE ADD THIS!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
When can we see Mars and this highly anticipated ship yard be added to sol system so we can get new missions and or just explore it

PLEASE ADD THIS!!!!
It's in-game already but only for Klingons right now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
yeah played the mission on my klink, i was refering to fed side, be nice to see it actually there, but i know you know that i know that you know... what i ment
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
And isnt particularly awe inspiring for that matter.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
wow i just miss read what you typed... its very awsome looking, needs a few changes but overall i think it looks great
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
It is, however, part of the best quest chain in the game (the commander level "Second Star..." chain).
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2010, 07:07 PM
My biggest disappointed with the mission was how small mars was in comparison to the ship yards.

It was always implied to me that the shipyards at Utopia Planitia were in a close orbit rather the fairly far from the planet.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...FleetYards.jpg

With the perspective used in the mission as well it looks less like your far away from the planet but more that the ship yards are ridiculously humongous. Which goes back to the general scale issue in STO whic....
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
My biggest disappointed with the mission was how small mars was in comparison to the ship yards.

It was always implied to me that the shipyards at Utopia Planitia were in a close orbit rather the fairly far from the planet.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...FleetYards.jpg

With the perspective used in the mission as well it looks less like your far away from the planet but more that the ship yards are ridiculously humongous. Which goes back to the general scale issue in STO whic....
Actually, you look further away from the planet and the shipyards are also.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Actually, you look further away from the planet and the shipyards are also.
Thats the problem, I didn't get that sense.

Its been a while but when I ran through the mission I *think* got fairly close to mars and it was tiny. It really made me feel like the shipyard was just ridiculously huge by comparison, and it was really disconcerting.

Again this was quite awhile ago so I could be completely mistaken but I do clearly remember a sense of scale issues in the mission, it was just wrong. If episode replay is enabled for Klingon's Ill jump on tribble and check it out again to be sure.

It might be just me, but I find scale issues like that really off putting.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
Thats the problem, I didn't get that sense.

Its been a while but when I ran through the mission I *think* got fairly close to mars and it was tiny. It really made me feel like the shipyard was just ridiculously huge by comparison, and it was really disconcerting.

Again this was quite awhile ago so I could be completely mistaken but I do clearly remember a sense of scale issues in the mission, it was just wrong. If episode replay is enabled for Klingon's Ill jump on tribble and check it out again to be sure.

It might be just me, but I find scale issues like that really off putting.
If you fly up to Mars, it's fairly tiny.

However, the shipyard (ingame) is a fair ways away (more so than in the shows) to help avoid this issue.