Lt. Commander
# 141 Bravo!
11-27-2010, 09:45 PM
I have been playing since open beta and there were several things I learned here as well as a healthy dose of clarity thrown on the whole mess.

I will be able to save several thousand skill points on each of my toons thanks to your efforts! That is close to 5% to put the magnitude of this in a different light.

Thank you for the time you have spent working on and maintaining the calculator.
Lt. Commander
# 142
11-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Great collection of information here.

Can someone please tell me what the maintenance skills are for? do they affect power transfer rates, or is it just recovering from power loss...?
Lt. Commander
# 143
11-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Glad I could help Chonkov and Arakim!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakim View Post
...Can someone please tell me what the maintenance skills are for? do they affect power transfer rates, or is it just recovering from power loss...?
The Maintenance Skills help various Captain, BO, and Ship abilities. They have nothing directly to do with PTR or Power Levels, though they may affect abilities that do help those stats. You can click the Maintenance skill directly, or press P for Powers (while in System Space) and browse your existing abilities, to see what affects what.

Here is a list of the Maintenance Skills and the abilities they improve:

Starship Auxiliary Maintenance
  • Aux to SIF (Eng BO)
  • Emergency Power to Aux (Eng BO)
  • Engineering Fleet (Eng Captain)
  • Launch {Side} BoP (KDF Carrier)
  • Nadion Inversion (Eng Captain)

Starship Engine Maintenance
  • Engineering Team (Eng BO)
  • EPS Power Transfer (Eng Captain)
  • Fleet Support (All Captains)
  • Launch {Side} BoP (KDF Carrier)
  • Launch {Side} To'Duj Fighters (KDF Carrier)
  • Miracle Worker (Eng Captain)
  • Photonic Fleet (Sci Captain)
  • This skill also increases your ship's innate Hull Repair Rate.

Starship Shield Maintenance
  • Emergency Power to Shields (Eng BO)
  • Photonic Fleet (Sci Captain)
  • Reverse Shield Polarity (Eng BO)
  • Rotate Shield Frequency (Eng Captain)

Starship Weapon Maintenance
  • Aceton Field (Eng BO)
  • Directed Energy Modulation (Eng BO)
  • Emergency Power to Weapons (Eng BO)
  • Fleet Support (All Captains)
So if you have any of the above Captain, BO, or Ship abilities, you can improve them by improving their Maintenance skill. Clearly the Maintenance skills are most important to Engineer Captains and BOs, as you'd expect.

This list isn't complete. It is just what I've documented while using my handful of characters.

Edit: Maintenance skills get asked about a lot, so I've linked this info to the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 144
11-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcivious
EDIT: BTW, any word on if Mission Replay (planned for Season 3) will allow us to get the Efficient Engine?
I would have to say "yes". I replayed that particular mission on the current Tribble build and received it, so unless they specifically remove it, I'm assuming it'll be there.
Lt. Commander
# 145
11-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwynyth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcivious
EDIT: BTW, any word on if Mission Replay (planned for Season 3) will allow us to get the Efficient Engine?
I would have to say "yes". I replayed that particular mission on the current Tribble build and received it, so unless they specifically remove it, I'm assuming it'll be there.
Ah yes, the Tribble Replay does allow you to replay the Past Imperfect mission and get the Efficient Impulse Engines Mk IV, which is sweet! And if you're a TOS nut, there's a new Mission Reward available for Past Imperfect: you'll be able to get a TOS Type 1 Phaser (Uncommon Ground Weapon). Not as good as the TOS weapons from the Devidian Featured Episode Night of the Comet, but neat from a TOS Trekkie point of view. A real Fan will be able to replay Night of the Comet several times and outfit their whole away team with TOS weaponry. Looks great when you deck your Team out in TOS unis too (Don't have TOS unis? Get 'em for free: Click Here).
Edit: Sometime around the end of December 2010 this promotion finally ended.

How cool is that?!?

Anyway, sorry to get Off Topic. Now back to your regularlly scheduled Power discussions...
Lt. Commander
# 146
12-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey look! My thread's been stickied.

It's quite an honor. Thanks Cyptic!
Lt. Commander
# 147
12-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Congratulations!
Lt. Commander
# 148
12-06-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Hey look! My thread's been stickied.

It's quite an honor. Thanks Cyptic!
It only took them seven months. What alacrity. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 149
12-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Congratulations!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakim View Post
It only took them seven months. What alacrity. LOL
Maybe it just took that long for the glue to cure.
Lt. Commander
# 150 v2.4.0a
12-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Heya Patrician, since you mentioned you'd be busy till early next year, I went ahead and added the Totals column I suggested, I made it available for download here:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1O...uthkey=CNmNiTU

I did modify the formating of the totals column a bit, but you can do with that what you want if you just want to copy the new section over.

The only thing I modified was the power gains section.

EDIT: Fixed a little annoyance, now the Custom 1 and Custom 2 totals will show "n/a", like the Raw Gains Column if nothing is entered into the Custom entries. Also, I learned a little bit more about spreadsheets today.
Closed Thread