Lt. Commander
# 71
12-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Is there any indications at this time season 3 will be pushed back? As of today we are 7 days from the announced Dec 9th target.
not from the foundry as they said that probably wont go live with the launch of season 3, so last time i head from dstahl he seemed to think that the 9th was still on. (baring last minute disasters)

when the foundry moves from tribble to holodeck is anyone guess.
Lt. Commander
# 72
12-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Foundry is up on Tribble now!

Lt. Commander
# 73
12-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

I KNOW! IT IS SO AWSOME. I AM TYPING IN CAPS BECAUSE THAT JUST SHOWS HOW AWSOMELY AWSOME IT IS!
Lt. Commander
# 74
12-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders118 View Post
I KNOW! IT IS SO AWSOME. I AM TYPING IN CAPS BECAUSE THAT JUST SHOWS HOW AWSOMELY AWSOME IT IS!
OMG. I was just about to do something stupid and post about this before i checked the test server as i thought he was just pulling our legs

it is UP!!!! WOW!!!!!!

W00t!!!!

thank you Cryptic! now just dont take it down! :-D
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenios View Post
i have to be kind of honest. im kind of tired of all these "maybe possibly "Soon (TM)" updates. You guys have said the beta would be going to tribble "soon" for the past two weeks. and while the foundry looks cool

i have a feeling that at the start it may not be quite as in depth and easy to use as we would like.

i also have a feeling that we will not have a 3d map editing mode (judging from one of the screenshots)

and i really think that is something that should be in from the start as using only a 2d top down view is akin to game editors from 10/15 years ago and i am pretty sure that a 2d only top down view is NOT what Cryptic uses to make their missions. We of course may not be given everything you guys have acess too mission wise at the start...but most of the basic features should be in, and i think a 3d map viewer is one of them that is needed also with the huge amount of objects/ships/placibles etc. that STO will have some sort of 3d viewer for those objects in preview would be nice too.

I say if the foundry does not launch with 3d map view then they should hold it off. as most other game editors in the past few years have had some sort of real time 3d map view in the editor not having that will just make the foundry not feel like a cutting edge mission tool for STO but more like something from 10, 15 years ago.

and i think STO fans deserve something more then that :-).

its ok if creating interiors comes later.. though it would really would have been nice to include this at launch...but oh well.

but i think a 3d map view is NEEDED for launch. it would be extreamly difficult to place objects/npcs etc on maps where you only have a 2d view of the map, that means you would have to constantly keep switching back and forth from the foundry toolset to seeing it in game to make sure your placement is where you want.

also if there is a 3d map view PLEASE let us adjust the mouse sensitivity... as in the demo record edit mode in game. the mouse sensitivity is too high for me.. or another thing would be to simply use the in games control settings for controlling the mouse sensitivity in the foundry tools for 3d map views.

(if it is in)

Please give us some more infomation today .. i think ill try to post this in a separate post too

a lot of us are kind of tired of waiting because while you do say that it will NOT be like the city of heroes toolset.. we only have 3 screenshots to go from so far. and the screenshot of the system edit view isnt really that impressive to me.

(that and someone points out the two things on the map you cant figure out which is which).

:-(
It is out right now. Look at the above posts!
Lt. Commander
# 76
12-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders118 View Post
It is out right now. Look at the above posts!
IM STUCK AT WORK AND I CANT GET OUT!!!!!!!!!
But seriously, can anyone tell me if it is working? Is there a lot of customization? And most important of all: is it shiney?
Lt. Commander
# 77
12-02-2010, 11:38 AM
I thought he was lying it is up!!! wow!
Lt. Commander
# 78
12-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsranger View Post
But seriously, can anyone tell me if it is working? Is there a lot of customization? And most important of all: is it shiney?
It is easy to get out! Light the office on fire an.... wait... you most likely wanna keep your job right? If so, I see no exit path.
Lt. Commander
# 79
12-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsranger View Post
as my NDA is now lifted i can tell you its friggen awesome, or at least closed beta was. there are some rough areas and keeping in mind there may be issue as so many people try it at once so the next few hours might be a bit iffy but the system in general is brilliant.

once you master it some of the missions you can make are really really good.