Lt. Commander
# 21
12-02-2010, 05:16 PM
"Q: Fractal_Eye: When can we expect the Sol System (and Rura Penthe) maps to be ready for use? The last we heard, the maps were done a long time ago. I hope you guys have had enough time by now to find uses for them.

A: The current estimate is with the launch of Season 5."

This made me very sad.

"Q: RamaSeb: Is it possible when we are in a turbo lift to see our toon travelling inside the lift ( like a short movie )?

A: Yes! We are looking into ways to introduce movies to replace loading screens where possible, and you could start to see more cut scenes as early as the next Feature Series!"

This made me VERY happy.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Q: Kasensal: A while back, this was posted, and the masses rejoiced: (ability to turn off ship animations) How come this was not in the previous engineering report? What plans do you have regarding these animations? These are a big deal to a lot of people.
What animations is this referring to?
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Q: Elysia_1: With the Foundry coming up and with all the "Cloudyness" of it and what you can really use it for, what exactly or what are some of the "Highlights" of the program that we can expect from it?

A: The Foundry will allow you to play missions authored by the community, manage and create your own Foundry missions using a drag-and-drop flowchart-like editor. You'll be able to use existing maps for missions, or even make your own. You can even create your own NPCs using a much wider array of costume options than characters can use. In all - the Foundry will open up the ability for the community to create some great (and let's be honest - not so great) missions that you'll be able to play just like any other mission in the game. It's a great feature, and I can't wait to see what people come up with.
Really? Really?!

Why can't you just open that up to EVERYONE? Make an improvement to the CURRENT costume/character creator before you go adding NEW tech to make a different one that we can't use for our characters like we all WANT to? I mean seriously! When Cryptic worked on CoH, the character creator was top notch for customization. Then in CO, again, an impressive character creation system.

Why put the handcuffs on us in THIS game then? Open the flood gates, let us actually CREATE something to be proud of with this game!
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Oh, and by the way...

Holographic Bridge Officer is still bugged. Still can't modify his costume or appearance (or gender for that matter.)
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Just read it...

"If only the whole world used Energy Credits!"

rofl
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-02-2010, 07:11 PM
awsome thank you cryptic, i asked for an update on the tholians because the last i heard / read the concept art needed to go before cbs before they are given the green light.i take it you guys got a green light from CBS good luck with them the webs are gonna be difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I may get my account taken away for saying my mind or this post will be lost...

I thought this was an open and listen to the customers, but it does not seam that way. It seams that only a handful is pick to say what they want and get to play with the new toys. If that is wrong then prove it...

Myself and others have said stuff and it was rejected, am I wrong? well prove it!
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberkopia View Post
I may get my account taken away for saying my mind or this post will be lost...

I thought this was an open and listen to the customers, but it does not seam that way. It seams that only a handful is pick to say what they want and get to play with the new toys. If that is wrong then prove it...

Myself and others have said stuff and it was rejected, am I wrong? well prove it!
prove you said stuff that was rejected ? :S
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Dstahl:
A: I want to say congratulations to ThomastheCat on his new career at Cryptic, and I am looking forward to see what his ideas and expertise will bring to STO.
Congrats to the 'new hire' and interesting turn of events. I WOULD hope this means perhaps we will see more (and new) mini-games added to STO as I do like the scanning one; and in the past, there was other mini-games tentatively VERY close to implementation, that were pulled for 're-tooling'.

Overall, a great, and rather upfront Q&A. I really do like the direction the STO Dev team is taking the game in; and I really do think that shoukld the majority of what's being discussed and developed for STO; it could really grow into a better MMO overall (And I don't mean that as a slight, as I do think iSTO is good right now, but ideas like the crew system - with more powers and complexity - the start of and growth of the Foundry once settling in adjustments are made, expansion and refinement of the Crafting system, expansion of PvP, voice over and cutscenes for transitions, etc; will makie the game better in a major way, and make a larger mark on the MMO arena in general.)
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Q: Curii: When do the Andorian/Vulcan ships arrive, and roughly what tier are we looking at?

A: Vulcan ship arrives in January and the Andorian ship in February. Their tiers are TBD, but I'd guess T3-T4.
I fail to describe how sad I am.