Lt. Commander
# 1 Faction Tinkering
12-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Okay, can I have, for example, a Romulan Bird of Prey uncloak and attack but have it be associated with the Terran Empire? Like a case of them stealing it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2010, 08:28 AM
You can change a Terran Empire ships's costume to a Romulan Bird of prey. But I do not think cloaking and decloaking is currently in the Foundry functionality.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders118 View Post
You can change a Terran Empire ships's costume to a Romulan Bird of prey. But I do not think cloaking and decloaking is currently in the Foundry functionality.
But will it otherwise act like a Bird of Prey?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
But will it otherwise act like a Bird of Prey?
yeah.. you spawn Terran units... then change their skins to whatever you prefere.. I used Undine

Spawn Units >> Change their skins >> watch em kick arse
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Alright, cool I'm not going to use those two specifically. I'm holding my cards close to my vest until I have a chance to publish it and let you play through it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Okay, can I have, for example, a Romulan Bird of Prey uncloak and attack but have it be associated with the Terran Empire? Like a case of them stealing it?
Since the options for mission construction assets are so varied, I think that the idea you are wanting to confirm would be achievable without changing costumes at all. In otherwords, use Terran Empire Models as the contacts, but use the Romulan vessel as ship encounter.

From what little I have seen, nothing is pre-populated anyway, so you have control over what the contacts look like as well as the encounter types--if that makes sense.

The most important point would be to establish why the Terran Empire is using said RBoP through story-telling. Give us a good story and there is no problem with discontinuity of one faction using another factions assets. Unless there are restriction I do not know about, which is possible, but things look pretty flexible so far.

maj!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Is there a Borgified Cardassian in the tools?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorDaq View Post
Since the options for mission construction assets are so varied, I think that the idea you are wanting to confirm would be achievable without changing costumes at all. In otherwords, use Terran Empire Models as the contacts, but use the Romulan vessel as ship encounter.

From what little I have seen, nothing is pre-populated anyway, so you have control over what the contacts look like as well as the encounter types--if that makes sense.

The most important point would be to establish why the Terran Empire is using said RBoP through story-telling. Give us a good story and there is no problem with discontinuity of one faction using another factions assets. Unless there are restriction I do not know about, which is possible, but things look pretty flexible so far.

maj!
Terran Empire instantly says conquest to me... so.. captured?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Okay, here is my outline. I would like your thoughts....

I have not started on the character text although I know where I am going with this in my mind. So there will be text spread throughout. But the basis of the story is the Obsidian Order was reformed under the new Cardassian Constitution. Much in the same way Section 31 is in the Federation charter. (After all, we left Garek in charge and Garek was intimately aware of Section 31s activities and probably thought they were efficient.)

The Snake Reincarnate
Mission Assignment: [Rank], the Cardassian government has requested us check out an anomaly in the Myrax system in the Vanden Sector. All of their ships are busy handling True Way and Terran incursions. I know it is a bit out of the way for you, but this will help strengthen our ties with the Cardassian Union. Thanks, [Rank].

Snake Eyes
Approach Anomalies
Scan Anomalies (2/2)
Engage Cardassian Ships (3/3)
Destroy Borg Sphere
Approach Planet
Beam Down

Hissing
Scan Communication Arrays (4/4)
Engage Cardassian Squads (3/3)
Approach Cave
Enter Cave

Snake Eggs
Scan Incubation Chambers (5/5)
Scan Borg Alcoves (4/4)
Engage Cardassian Squads (3/3)
Engage Borg-enhance Cardassian
Scan Borg-enhanced Cardassian
Beam Up to Ship

ďRed against YellowÖĒ
Answer Hail
Talk to Cardassian Agent
Report to Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Act I
Snake Eyes

Science Officer: [Rank], we have the anomalies on sensors. They appear to be simple gas clouds. Why are we here for this? These clouds are not going anywhere, the Cardassians could have taken care of this on their own time. Awaiting your orders. (Select: Approach Anomalies)

Approach Anomalies
Science Officer: Iím having trouble with the Sensors. There is some strange interference coming from the planet. We will have to go in the clouds to scan them.

Scan Anomalies (2/2)
Science Officer: Iím picking up something strange in that cloud. Iíll have to examine the logs a little more. (Select: Continue)
Tactical Officer: [Rank], Iím picking up three Cardassian ships entering the system.
Cardassian Contact: Starfleet has no business here. (Select: Your Government Sent us)
Tactical Officer: They have cut off communication and are entering attack formation. (Select: Engage Cardassian Ships)

Engage Cardassian Ships (3/3)
Science Officer: [Rank], I have finished my examination of the sensor logs. There is a Borg signature in one of the clouds. (Select: What?)
Cardassian Contact 2: We are the Cardassians. You will be destroyed. Resistance is futile. (select: Funny...) Iíve always wanted to say that. Prepare to die Starfleet. (select: Destroy Borg Sphere.)

Destroy Borg Sphere
Tactical Officer: [Rank], there were Cardassians operating that Borg Sphere. Is there anyone who doesnít have access to one of those ships? (select: Continue)
Engineering Officer: [Rank], Some of those weapons had a Cardassian signature. This does cause me some concern. Most militaries have been trying to adapt Borg technology to existing ships. This is the first time we have seen someone try to adapt existing technology to a Borg ship. I think the Cardassians are trying to use the sphere itself, not the technology. (select: Continue)
Tactical Officer: But the Cardassians are not allowed a military as per their latest treaty with the Federation. This is an act of war. But that doesnít make any sense. We need to find out what they were up to here. (Select: Continue)
Science Officer: [Rank], I have found the source of the interference that prevented us from scanning those clouds from a distance. It is coming from some communication arrays on the planet. Maybe they are connected to this situation. (select: Set Course for Planet)

Approach Planet
Tactical Officer: In orbit. Ready to Beam down on your command. (Select: Beam Down)

Beam Down