Lt. Commander
# 21
12-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IeyasuT
I really love the FDC concept and have two thoughts here.

First, why does everyone grab a Female Orion for their exchange officer when you can turn an Unknown Alien into the same appearance in about 5 minutes. I went with Gorn to add some variety to my Bridge along with my Breen BO.
Well personally, I chose Orion because I already had a Klingon and Gorn and Lethean and Nausican were not even considered (I think they look like poop and I don't tend to like having poop where I sleep/eat). Due to the way my bridge is set up, when I got my diplo officer, they would actually appear on my bridge. I didn't want to have to look at any of the other non-Klingon KDF races. Besides, Seduce has come in handy on several occasions.

And I don't understand the toil people refer to when pursuing Ambassador. I got it at Captain level without stressing too much about it until the final stretch.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
Heh, Orions should be available as Federation officers (in rarity, anyway). We already know there's been a couple in Starfleet.
Yeah, in JJ's alternate timeline. I have no idea what happened to the Orions there that they suddenly show up as members instead of "neutral" antagonists like they used to in TOS and TAS (or ENT, for that matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
But the real waste of the Diplomacy option would be making a Klingon officer...see as we already can.
Well, you can't. The Exchange Officers are from sub-factions that made a couple backdoor deals with the FDC in case the war goes awry - you can't get a Klingon Exchange Officer because the Klingon Empire is the driving force behind this war.