Lt. Commander
# 141
12-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snix View Post
Greetings all,

We are actually working on a solution very similar to BigRedJedi's suggestion of providing rewards for participation, with bonus rewards for victory, for PvP Daily missions.

The key issue is providing the correct ratio of participation to reward, so that it is more time efficient to try for a win rather than just go AFK to grind out the 'participation' rewards.

I'm hoping this will go in soon after the Season 3 launch.

-snix

Very good to hear, thanks for chiming in, Snix. Means a lot to us.
Lt. Commander
# 142
12-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Greetings all,

We are actually working on a solution very similar to BigRedJedi's suggestion of providing rewards for participation, with bonus rewards for victory, for PvP Daily missions.

The key issue is providing the correct ratio of participation to reward, so that it is more time efficient to try for a win rather than just go AFK to grind out the 'participation' rewards.

-snix
Yay!

Just so long as the rewards aren't tied to the incorrectly reported healing, it sounds fun.
Lt. Commander
# 143
12-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Greetings all,

-snix

Best news I've heard about PvP since S1.2 was announced!

Will it be something along the lines of # of Emblems for Participation AND Wins during those Matches?

Or will Participation and Wins be kept separate, so that even if a player ends up in a Match or two with people that only are trying to get the Participation Emblems, they will be able to continue playing until they receive their Emblems for Winning a certain # of Matches? Thereby rewarding the players that willingly/want to put in the extra time and effort to score the 'bonus' Emblems for wins.

Either way, thank you for the feedback, snix, it is always appreciated when you or your fellow Devs offer input and feedback!

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 144
12-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Greetings all,

-snix
A: Integrate capturing points into Cap and Hold. Someone capturing solo gains more points than a group....simple enough, points accumulate while the flag is transitioning and player is within range. While someone may not have access to the best of equipment and not put up good damage or healing numbers, they can at least still 'participate' gaining cpture points.

B: Award for healing as well as damage. Healing to be broken into two categories; self heal and heal other. Heal other possibly awarded 150% of credit over heal self

C: DO NOT add bonuses 'for winning'. There is no reason why a shining player in a PUG should be penalized because their team didn't have the same organization of a PvP oriented fleet including voice comms. Also, the level of smacktalk, while diminished, is still a bit much from time to time. Victory related bonuses only give braggards a reason to rub it in while sore loosers will only complain more. Face it, I'm sure you guys get enough complaints from a 'broken pvp system' now. Do you Devs REALLY want even more abuse??
Lt. Commander
# 145
12-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganWilliams
A: Integrate capturing points into Cap and Hold. Someone capturing solo gains more points than a group....simple enough, points accumulate while the flag is transitioning and player is within range. While someone may not have access to the best of equipment and not put up good damage or healing numbers, they can at least still 'participate' gaining cpture points.

B: Award for healing as well as damage. Healing to be broken into two categories; self heal and heal other. Heal other possibly awarded 150% of credit over heal self

C: DO NOT add bonuses 'for winning'. There is no reason why a shining player in a PUG should be penalized because their team didn't have the same organization of a PvP oriented fleet including voice comms. Also, the level of smacktalk, while diminished, is still a bit much from time to time. Victory related bonuses only give braggards a reason to rub it in while sore loosers will only complain more. Face it, I'm sure you guys get enough complaints from a 'broken pvp system' now. Do you Devs REALLY want even more abuse??
Excuse me, there is no reason why a team, that spends time cooperating, planning, training should not be rewarded for their time, especially since everyone can join a fleet, everyone can que up as a team and everyone can spend time training together (duh)

There is no reason why a player that cannot be bothered to fly as part of a team should get the same rewards as someone that spend a lot of time doing just that.

Remember, there is no "I" in team.
Lt. Commander
# 146
12-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Excuse me, there is no reason why a team, that spends time cooperating, planning, training should not be rewarded for their time, especially since everyone can join a fleet, everyone can que up as a team and everyone can spend time training together (duh)

There is no reason why a player that cannot be bothered to fly as part of a team should get the same rewards as someone that spend a lot of time doing just that.

Remember, there is no "I" in team.
You're excused.

Star Trek is one of the few institutions that bridges the gap between generations. Grandparents and grandchildren all are attracted to a game based on it. 'Grandmom' may not have the time or be able to be online when her particular fleet does their pvp dailies. 'Little Suzy' might not be allowed to be in voice comms (remember, there are 'bad internet people') or she may be too young to qualify for most fleets. ** 'Grandpop' and 'Little Timmy' deserve mention here as well.

There are casual players in their 20's and 30's that might not be able to devote every waking moment to fleet PvP as well. In gaming and in life, family usually has to come first.

(Duh) NOT everyone >can< do fleet PvP. It's not always a matter of choice. If you're going to add participation bonuses it HAS to be on an individual basis. If you want 'Victory Bonuses' then ask the Devs to integrate a leaderboard, sortable by average damage dealt, average healing, victories, and fleet name. (Which I very much support)

Par tic i pa tion doesn't always mean winning.
Lt. Commander
# 147
12-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Best news I've heard about PvP since S1.2 was announced!

Will it be something along the lines of # of Emblems for Participation AND Wins during those Matches?

Or will Participation and Wins be kept separate, so that even if a player ends up in a Match or two with people that only are trying to get the Participation Emblems, they will be able to continue playing until they receive their Emblems for Winning a certain # of Matches? Thereby rewarding the players that willingly/want to put in the extra time and effort to score the 'bonus' Emblems for wins.

Either way, thank you for the feedback, snix, it is always appreciated when you or your fellow Devs offer input and feedback!

-Big Red
The plan is for participation and wins to be tracked as seperate daily missions.

So the mission list might look like this:
  • "Play 15 PvP battles" that earns a small amount of Emblems.
  • "Win 3 PvP battles" that earns a decent amount of Emblems.
  • "Win 4 PvP battles" (including the original 3 wins from the mission above, so 1 more win) that earns a few Emblems
  • "Win 5 PvP battles" (including the original 4 wins from the mission above, so 1 more win) that earns a final Emblem
So from the example above, a player that enjoys PvP but fails to win any games will earn some Emblems just for being in 15 games. While playing those 15 games or continuing to play after the 15, if they should win 3 battles they'll earn more Emblems, win 4 and earn more, win 5 and earn the most.

The goal being that you'll earn more Emblems for your devoted time if you work together to win, but you'll still earn something even if you can't pull off a victory.

-snix
Lt. Commander
# 148
12-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
The plan is for participation and wins to be tracked as seperate daily missions.

So the mission list might look like this:
  • "Play 15 PvP battles" that earns a small amount of Emblems.
  • "Win 3 PvP battles" that earns a decent amount of Emblems.
  • "Win 4 PvP battles" (including the original 3 wins from the mission above, so 1 more win) that earns a few Emblems
  • "Win 5 PvP battles" (including the original 4 wins from the mission above, so 1 more win) that earns a final Emblem
So from the example above, a player that enjoys PvP but fails to win any games will earn some Emblems just for being in 15 games. While playing those 15 games or continuing to play after the 15, if they should win 3 battles they'll earn more Emblems, win 4 and earn more, win 5 and earn the most.

The goal being that you'll earn more Emblems for your devoted time if you work together to win, but you'll still earn something even if you can't pull off a victory.

-snix
I have a question as a casual player- Assuming that 15 matches a day is the daily bench mark for the PvP daily, would any matches carry over to the next day?

For example, if I only had time to play in 5 or 6 matches on a certain evening. And then I played in 9-10 more matches on the next day. Would that give the participation reward when I completed the full 15? Or would it reset to needing 15 matches required on the next day?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 149
12-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
I have a question as a casual player- Assuming that 15 matches a day is the daily bench mark for the PvP daily, would any matches carry over to the next day?

For example, if I only had time to play in 5 or 6 matches on a certain evening. And then I played in 9-10 more matches on the next day. Would that give the participation reward when I completed the full 15? Or would it reset to needing 15 matches required on the next day?
There's likely a 24 cooldown from mission start.

This means once you've accept a mission, you have 24 hours to complete the mission goals. All the other daily objectives work on a similar mechanic (though slightly less than 24 hours).
Lt. Commander
# 150
12-04-2010, 02:03 PM
This solution looks good, snix, and is relatively similar to some of the suggestion that have been thrown around already. Thanks for working on this, snix. I am looking forward to seeing this online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger

Thanks
It does for all forms of existing daily missions (and not just PvP). So I think it's reasonable to assume the same will be true for these.

The "perk" can be that, if you're hopping characters a lot, you can focus one one or two each day, and just log in on the others to accept the daily mission. On the enxt day, you can then complete that mission and start a new one (provided it's really about a day since you last took the mission.) - and of course, also complete it.