Lt. Commander
In the mission I'm working on. one part of the mission take place on a custom map of the Treasure Trading system. My plan was after the player did his business there, I wanted him/her to have to return to Earth Spacedock - I tried to do this by adding an Interact with Object action linked to one of the consoles at ESD.

However, when I test the mission, after everything is "done" at TTS, the "Continue" button does nothing. In the Story tab, there's a small box that says "Leaving TTS" at the top left, and "Entering Earth Spacedock" in the lower right. The next event is the Interact with object event.

Is this because the Foundry can't/won't spawn an instanced ESD#0 like it will for DS9, for example? Can I assume I've found a way to make the player actually fly their ship to Earth?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2010, 02:55 AM
as ESD is a physical map my guess is you need that person to exit the map manually and then fly to ESD themselves. now normally in a cryptic mission a bridge officer would say this part is complete do you want to warp out but we dont have this feature. so i think you would need your objective to read 'go to earth spacedock' and let the player realise they have to press the exit map button next to the minimap and make his own way there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2010, 02:57 AM
also there are some bugs in foundry and its becoming slightly unstable.

or you might find that it works when you publish it just not in the test run.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2010, 03:22 AM
just tested it and you do have to manually leave the mission. it will put you back from where you entered the map (so somewhere in sector space in your case) and then you have to manually go to earth spacdeock