Lt. Commander
# 21
12-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Transitions are handled automatically to an extent.

In this case, you set an objective to speak, in person, with some on Qo'noS but then place the mission door in sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Thank you, that does help to a certain degree, but it appears to me that you are only able to set one single door in sector space, and all other transitions are via custom maps you have created or pre-made maps you have selected.

Also, it seems that only the very first contact you set can use the sector space door, so I can't set a contact to take the player to a custom map, then have them leave to go to sector space.

Lastly, once you have a 'Spawn at' point selected, you can not change it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-05-2010, 07:18 AM
I think the Forcass space map is missing and needs adding.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Thank you, that does help to a certain degree, but it appears to me that you are only able to set one single door in sector space, and all other transitions are via custom maps you have created or pre-made maps you have selected.

Also, it seems that only the very first contact you set can use the sector space door, so I can't set a contact to take the player to a custom map, then have them leave to go to sector space.

Lastly, once you have a 'Spawn at' point selected, you can not change it.
I tested this and, in testing, it does seem to treat the mission as over once you complete everything on your first custom map, even if you have follow-up material on social maps.

IMHO, they either need to stop you from adding material on social maps after custom maps or fix the testing process to allow you to keep going.

I know that some of my planned missions DO require going back and forth at present but I suspect if this is not allowed, it relates to the rewards system for Foundry missions, which I believe is based on a timer that measures how long you spend on the custom maps, with a twenty minute minimum to qualify for rewards.

(If memory serves, there's a 20 minute minimum. From there, rewards are calculated based on average user completion time with a maximum on the rewards also in place. This is why the Foundry is not really very exploitable, because it rewards time spent. In turn, missions that don't require combat for the objective award diplomatic XP; there can be enemies present but I think the diplomacy requirement is based around whether you're required to kill them and maybe whether any shots are fired.)
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapolis View Post
Darren is right, I know we need more interiors and we're working on adding them currently. I've added several bridge maps and we're also creating some empty interior templates using the many different interior kits in STO.

The map library should contain nearly every map from all episodes in STO (minus patrol and exploration missions), so if there's an interior from an episode you know I've missed, feel free to request it.

Oh and I still need to add the maps from the most recent weekly series
Can we get some interior PvP maps for the foundry?

Like "Assimilated Cruiser"?
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I realize there is probably a reason why ESD/Qo'noS space was left out, but I'm kinda pondering some maps/missions as scenery/gameplay enrichment type maps and I was kinda looking forward to having them. More or less I was going to add places to visit for PC training and testing of builds. Sure I can set a proving ground orbiting Andor or Vulcan, but I'd much rather have it out by the Earth's moon, or perhaps orbiting Mars.

Will any of the art assets from the Sol system make their way into Foundry? And if so, when?
Lt. Commander
# 27 same problem
12-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Also, I was going to use The Great Hall, but you can't actually use The Great Hall that is active, full of NPC's and players. You instead have to create a duplicate of the map, which means once the player has transferred to the duplicate map of The Great Hall, the place is empty. To make my mission authentic, I would have to attempt to duplicate each and every single NPC.
I have the same problem with the Risa social map. Its totaly empty (and even not the whole map). You have to add NPC's, but you cant add the Risa natives, because they are not an option in the NPC menue. And you cant make a costume for them, because the typical Risa beach wear and the head tattoo is missing. I hope they will address these issues. Otherwise its very hard to make plausible Risa missions.

In addition to that, i have another problem with the Risa social map: I cant place things into the cave. Y (hight) seems not to work. With a 3D view of the maps in the editor, this problem would maybe resolved.

And if i can make a story over more then one system (like travelling from Risa to somewhere else) is yet to be seen. But from what i read here so far, maybe its not possible at this moment.