Lt. Commander
# 11
12-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
The season isn't one release on one day. The season thing is meant to be things released over a window, so it WILL make season 3.
Thats correct. Its called a "season" because its kind of like a TV show. It may not happen in the first episode of the 3rd season, but it will happen in one of the episodes(aka updates) before the 4th season.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-05-2010, 08:50 AM
have to agree with the nag its was only coming out on trib in 3 not holo so get over it and don't act surprised because that's what they have been saying for months.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-05-2010, 09:12 AM
They also already said that you should save off all the text and such for your missions so you can re-create them on Holodeck, since missions will not be migrated over.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-05-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm glad, as long as they leave it on Tribble in Open Beta. It clearly needs a tonne of work doing to it and I think some extra time getting feedback and testing from a broader cross-section of the player base is pretty much essential.

Good on ya, Cryptic, for not releasing something that isn't ready! I appreciate it!
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Practice. That's how I'm looking at it. Once it goes live, I should be able to recreate my lost missions within minutes.
Really? Daaang. I don't think I'll be able to place my NPCs in minutes, much less put all the stuff back onto the map and build the objectives.

I don't really mind, mind (though I'm going to miss my space station map...) because you're right. This isn't just beta testing. It's practice. When I go to Holodeck, I'm going to know how to do all the stuff I'm figuring out and kludging right now.So, I may not be able to bring my pretty, pretty map with me when I go, but Version 2 will be prettier.

Also, hook spiders.