Lt. Commander
# 11
12-04-2010, 02:44 PM
The data loss is getting extreme now.

I had successfully saved a mission and reloaded. Everything was fine. So, I logged out. However, I came back to edit it and it reverted back to an earlier save - removing several maps, dozens of objects, three costumes, and six objectives.

This data loss is very bad. Unless this issue is a server issue, I think Foundry needs to get pulled again.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
she canna take it anymore, captain!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
she canna take it anymore, captain!
Neither can I.

I'm going to do something more productive than have all my work delete itself every 30 minutes - like play another MMO until it gets fixed. :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-04-2010, 10:06 PM
i had this problem too.
Lt. Commander
# 15 data loss
12-05-2010, 01:08 AM
I have found the cure for data loss. Just make the mission as fast as you can, saving every single change and never logging out. I got 3/4 the way through before it booted me, but that 3/4 stuck. I quickly logged back in and finished it (not they way I want to finish it though) and published it. I can't edit it because it reverts to the original 3/4, but the published version is "complete"

Aside from the onslaught of spelling error, it worked pretty well. I am beginning to wonder if the foundry server is on an old 1ghz Packard bell with 128mb of ram, because it is having major issues.

Mission : Atmo Rescue

-K
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleben
I have found the cure for data loss. Just make the mission as fast as you can, saving every single change and never logging out. I got 3/4 the way through before it booted me, but that 3/4 stuck. I quickly logged back in and finished it (not they way I want to finish it though) and published it. I can't edit it because it reverts to the original 3/4, but the published version is "complete"

Aside from the onslaught of spelling error, it worked pretty well. I am beginning to wonder if the foundry server is on an old 1ghz Packard bell with 128mb of ram, because it is having major issues.

Mission : Atmo Rescue

-K
I'll have to try this.

I attempted to let auto-save do it's work instead. I purposefully chose not to save and let the auto-save do it's thing. This caused everything to be lost. The mission is essentially blank now.

It's troubling that this error was never on RedShirt during closed beta testing. We had out crashes and hiccups but the data loss here is severe.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Neither can I.

I'm going to do something more productive than have all my work delete itself every 30 minutes - like play another MMO until it gets fixed. :p
Yeah, this blows. We should all go play another MMO so Foundry doesn't get tested, and it will magically appear bug free later.

It sucks, but it's in Open Beta. It's supposed to be bug ridden. We have all volunteered to test it, and this is exactly what needs to happen so they can fix it BEFORE the general public starts hammering away at it on Holodeck.

This is not a released product. Stop acting like it's one.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I dont mind the DC's but to lose all the data and have it revert is BEYOND frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Foundry = Jenga
12-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I have figured it out! The Foundry is a new game, brought to you by the innovative programmers at Cryptic.

The game is simple
  • You have 30 mins to complete and publish your mission
  • If you don't finish it in 30 mins, you lose....everything
  • It has to be perfect. No future changes allowed.
  • Good Luck!!

Its like Jenga. One wrong click and its game over.

-K
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
Yeah, this blows. We should all go play another MMO so Foundry doesn't get tested, and it will magically appear bug free later.

It sucks, but it's in Open Beta. It's supposed to be bug ridden. We have all volunteered to test it, and this is exactly what needs to happen so they can fix it BEFORE the general public starts hammering away at it on Holodeck.

This is not a released product. Stop acting like it's one.
I spent a large part of my morning trying to replicate the issue.

It isn't a bug; it's due to the server being overwhelmed. ZeroniusRex confirmed there are many stability fixes incoming (assuming the Monday's patch is given a clean bill of health).

Also, my wry sense of humor and raspberry smiley :p were meant to convey the fact I was joking.

See this:
Quote:
Neither can I.

That's what we in the business call a joke.