Lt. Commander
# 1 NPC groups
12-04-2010, 01:47 AM
There are a couple things missing with NPC groups that will be needed early to make them useful

>>> ONE <<< Huge Item
I am not personally in favor of taking a team of 5...sticking 4 of them under the floor so I can have the
1 NPC I need.
We need to be able to delete actors in a group to reduce its size.

>>> TWO <<<
We need to be able to place way points for a group so we can direct where they 'wander'

>>> THREE <<<
We need to be able to designate NPC groups that just walk up and down halls in a floor plan
according to our way points. Always walking.

Meow
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
There are a couple things missing with NPC groups that will be needed early to make them useful

>>> ONE <<< Huge Item
I am not personally in favor of taking a team of 5...sticking 4 of them under the floor so I can have the
1 NPC I need.
We need to be able to delete actors in a group to reduce its size.

>>> TWO <<<
We need to be able to place way points for a group so we can direct where they 'wander'

>>> THREE <<<
We need to be able to designate NPC groups that just walk up and down halls in a floor plan
according to our way points. Always walking.

Meow

I agree with all of this. The deleting of individual npcs would also make it easier to add animations to a single neutral characters, or single enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm almost certain there is an intent to be able to delete the NPCs within a group, since there's a delete button on the individual NPC paremeters. It just.. doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2010, 08:25 AM
I totally again with that too!

We also need the NPC able to work on something while we defend them.

Give them a ability to interact with something else other then attacking something. I can see looking at the options that there is a "Enable Job" button but you give the NPC a job to do. I am guess that is what it is.

Oh yes, any possibility for scripting actions you wouldn't normally see without scripting in game?

We are only at Beta 0.3. But still Foundry is very awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-05-2010, 09:09 AM
I noticed that at least for space, even though there is ONE ship, it has many actors, same goes for grouped ships. So many you can remove them like that?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Or give the individual NPC's all the same functionality that the Group NPC's have.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan-Jenkins
I noticed that at least for space, even though there is ONE ship, it has many actors, same goes for grouped ships. So many you can remove them like that?
The extra actors are for difficulty scaling. As you turn up the difficulty, more NPCs appear.