Lt. Commander
So far I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the Foundry I can pretty easily do what I want with it even in beta one problem I am finding though is even with the very good X Y & Z axis there really is no way to angle things like debris in space when you want to have that derelict ship adrift...I was also surprised they didn't have pre made Federation Bridges and very few assets that let you build TOS , TNG or VOY style bridges...all of the assets are in the game yet we can't use them..has there been any word on when or even if these few minor flaws will be addressed?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post
So far I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the Foundry
I am too. It's an amazing leap in the evolution of online games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post
..has there been any word on when or even if these few minor flaws will be addressed?
I don't have a definitive answer, but I'm sure they'll add more and more as time goes by. Of course, while we relay to Cryptic our satisfaction, we should also relay an expectation that it'll improve and grow. They started it. Now they gotsta finish it!

"Please sir, I want some more." ~ Oliver Twist
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2010, 06:41 PM
They're still developing the new, create-your-own-interiors technology.

Hopefully, the devs get cracking and release the Roadmap with all the planned features.
  • Branching dialogue?
  • Custom ship interiors?
  • NPC Contacts interactions and behavior?
  • Patrolling?

I believe they'll be on the Roadmap

Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2010, 04:56 PM
What you guys are seeing now with The Foundry Beta for Star Trek Online is really only the beginning.

We're very committed to continuing to grow this tool and increase the power and functionality of the tool set as time goes on.

Essentially the sky is the limit! We're keeping a very close eye on your feedback, and will be working with you all to make this tool the best it possibly can be.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Essentially the sky is the limit!
We've already got space maps. So we're beyond the sky!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStarSearcher
We've already got space maps. So we're beyond the sky!
We have extra-dimensional rifts and pocket wormholes too!

We're beyond 3D up in here!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
What you guys are seeing now with The Foundry Beta for Star Trek Online is really only the beginning.

We're very committed to continuing to grow this tool and increase the power and functionality of the tool set as time goes on.

Essentially the sky is the limit! We're keeping a very close eye on your feedback, and will be working with you all to make this tool the best it possibly can be.

Thanks,

Stormshade
are we going to be able to create missions for the exploration sectors? as well as missions you would except inside a holodeck?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Damn you CRYPTIC! Just when I had STO and real life in perfect balance, you just HAD to go and tip the scales!
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
We have extra-dimensional rifts and pocket wormholes too!

We're beyond 3D up in here!
Mot when making (or placing items on) custom maps we're not (yet). :p