Lt. Commander
# 11
12-05-2010, 05:33 PM
The reason I didn't update the big list is that the OP would have hit the Character Limit (if I linked to individual posts). My goal was to have the title, author, and a link to their description post.

However, adding the links would mean hitting the character limit. For example, yesterday morning, there were 47 rated missions alone (let alone the plethora of unrated one).

Averaging 67 characters per link (and excluding titles and author), that would've put me at 3243 characters (and I was working on a list of ones that weren't posted on the board too).

You can try but I thought having one big, neverending list seemed like the only way to avoid the character-count limit that will affect your thread as well.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The reason I didn't update the big list is that the OP would have hit the Character Limit (if I linked to individual posts). My goal was to have the title, author, and a link to their description post.

However, adding the links would mean hitting the character limit. For example, yesterday morning, there were 47 rated missions alone (let alone the plethora of unrated one).

Averaging 67 characters per link (and excluding titles and author), that would've put me at 3243 characters (and I was working on a list of ones that weren't posted on the board too).

You can try but I thought having one big, neverending list seemed like the only way to avoid the character-count limit that will affect your thread as well.
I realize that. My ultimate goal is to keep adding these posts..mainly as a storage area until I can do what I really want to. Create an Excel spreadsheet. then I can upload that somewhere but that is a long term goal.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
I realize that. My ultimate goal is to keep adding these posts..mainly as a storage area until I can do what I really want to. Create an Excel spreadsheet. then I can upload that somewhere but that is a long term goal.

I updated the big list to have every mission from the thread.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
You know, these "lists" are great and all, but I enjoy reading what people have to say about their mission in the actual post they make. So I'm working my way through the original list thread and reading each post and trying out the missions as I go.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You know, these "lists" are great and all, but I enjoy reading what people have to say about their mission in the actual post they make. So I'm working my way through the original list thread and reading each post and trying out the missions as I go.
This is why I wanted links in the OP.

However, I've color-coded and clustered the Big List for improved reading.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-05-2010, 06:20 PM
5th Fleet Chronicles Episode 1; authored by slickrick281

The Breen invade Federation space and are resupplying in the Badlands. With the front line of the war shifting to the neutral zone, the Fifth Fleet has been spread thin across the underbelly of the Federation. It is up to you to stop the Breen advance and deal with a few surprises along the way. You must be a lvl 35 Fed to acquire this mission.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick281 View Post
5th Fleet Chronicles Episode 1; authored by slickrick281

The Breen invade Federation space and are resupplying in the Badlands. With the front line of the war shifting to the neutral zone, the Fifth Fleet has been spread thin across the underbelly of the Federation. It is up to you to stop the Breen advance and deal with a few surprises along the way. You must be a lvl 35 Fed to acquire this mission.
I think we're moving back to the original thread. Your mission is already listed there.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191667
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:

I updated the big list to have every mission from the thread.

I think I love you Daren. I won't even complain that you upstaged me. Good job!
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
I think I love you Daren. I won't even complain that you upstaged me. Good job!
I like a good challenge.

Besides, better having one place than two.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
I like a good challenge.

Besides, better having one place than two.
Agree with that!