Lt. Commander
I recently played a mission where NPCs spawn during the mission when you interact with an object. How do you do this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I recently played a mission where NPCs spawn during the mission when you interact with an object. How do you do this?

It works with enemies. I haven't done it in a while, so hopefully my advice isn't way off. Put a object on a map. Put enemy npcs near the object. Set objectives to scan object, then kill those spefic enemies.

The enemies should spawn or beam in after you interact with the object.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
It works with enemies. I haven't done it in a while, so hopefully my advice isn't way off. Put a object on a map. Put enemy npcs near the object. Set objectives to scan object, then kill those spefic enemies.

The enemies should spawn or beam in after you interact with the object.
Yep, still works. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2010, 07:31 PM
You can also make a waypoint marker, and make it so the objective is to reach a location.

Then make the enemies appear by creating a kill mission, and THEN interact with the object. This makes it appear like an ambush.

You can even set the text for reaching the waypoint so you can have it read "A surprise attack!" or something flavor-fluff-y.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Is there a way to do this with friendly NPCs?

I have a group of Borg beam in just after reaching a way-point using the Kill Enemies objective, but I'd like a group of friendly NPCs to beam in shortly there after to help in the fight!

You can't use the Kiil Enemies objective cause you can't kill friendly targets. Maybe there's a way to do this with animations?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Hm i wonder if it can be set towards if you enter a certain area with an object (I.E nebula) it will be like your cloak signature is revealed and enemy ships decloak/warp in and open fire.

BTW how do you do it with allies? I'd like it so i scan a object and its like calling in for fleet support.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2010, 07:01 AM
I don't think it's possible to do this with friendlies right now, but I may be wrong.