Lt. Commander
# 31
11-29-2010, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
I'm not talking about pre-order items I'm talking about lifetime items, which the red matter capacitor is. Until you've forked over the amount of clams that I have to have one, I don't see as you've any right to it, that's all.
It's a video game. Honestly I'm shocked at this post
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-29-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
How about a constructive comment?
I didn't particularly find the original post "constructive" either, so I saw little point in writing one. In fact, I would like the few minutes back I spent reading that post, trying to comprehend what was the reasoning behind the logical fallacies involved. A simple 'I vote no to this proposal' seemed sufficient without ending entangled in some debate that detracts from my game time and rather pointless bickering over semantics of what I consider a bad proposal to begin with.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weststar.name
I didn't particularly find the original post "constructive" either, so I saw little point in writing one. In fact, I would like the few minutes back I spent reading that post, trying to comprehend what was the reasoning behind the logical fallacies involved. A simple 'I vote no to this proposal' seemed sufficient without ending entangled in some debate that detracts from my game time and rather pointless bickering over semantics of what I consider a bad proposal to begin with.
It took you longer to type that little flame than to respond with something thoughtful. For someone seeking a higher level of discourse, you're not practicing what you preach, you're just arguing about arguing and then claim to be the smart one taking the high road?

Let's get this thread back on track, please.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
It took you longer to type that little flame than to respond with something thoughtful.
I don't consider it a flame as much as just an honest response to your question, also writing an entire proposal to replace yours, addressing various reasons why I disagree with your proposal would take far longer than my previous post - I don't think I can do that in less than a minute, sorry. But to elaborate further since you don't seem to be getting the point I have made previously:

I am not interested in discussing this proposal, that by the point it is 'fixed', it would bare very little similarities to the original. It would become an entirely different proposal and thus unrelated to the original proposal. I have no interest in writing out a new proposal relating to most of the matters brought up in this thread, I only wished to raise that this player does not approve of this proposal. Of course, I would need to address why each point involved in the original post is wrong in the original and have what I consider, "pointless bickering over semantics".

I hope this answer satisifies you.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-03-2010, 10:00 AM
bump

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-05-2010, 09:09 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
I wanted to take advantage of the sale but...there's zero that I'm interested in.

What would be nice to add to the store, ESPECIALLY now that the game's been out almost a year. All the preorder folks have certainly gotten their money's worth at this point. This is a shamelessly easy revenue generator. No more than 240 points each please!
  • Del Taco Type 8 Shuttlecraft
  • Red Matter Capacitor (especially since this is equivalent to EPS Power Transfer)
  • Automated Defense Turret
  • TR-116A Rifle
  • Forward Phaser Bank and Rear Phaser Bank Set (would be nice on Excelsior maybe)
  • Neodymium Deflector Dish
  • Multi-Spatial Personal Shield
  • Chromodynamic Armor

Make all these items level up with the player (infinity symbol). Alternately if you don't want them in the C-Store, dump them on the lifetimers. But none of these are gamebreakers.

I would argue that flooding the game with Breen BOs (serving on Federation starships no less ) is miles more gamebreaking than these few devices. Going forward, for the weeklies, your "big gift" should be an infinite level item like this and other items should be little trinkets that are interesting collector's items but not necessarily useful. And one per week please, at this rate we'll all need wayyy more inventory space.

The bottom line is you're giving out a little too much "stuff" and you need to stretch the assets you already have.

Plus!
  • Constitution Bridge
  • T3 (TSOS) Excelsior Bridge
  • Proper Sovereign Bridge
  • "Updated" Excelsior Bridge for T5
  • Ambassador Bridge (when it comes out of course)
  • "Sutherland" Nebula Bridge
  • Maybe an "updated" Nebula Bridge
  • Decorative Stuff for our Ready Room and Lounges
  • Cloaky Klingon subcraft
  • Delta Flyer subcraft
  • Cloaky Romulan subcraft (Sen. Vreenak's shuttle)
i love your ideas' hopefully cryptic will answer them soon enough, i hear they have plans for the TOs bridge, but i would love to see the excel bridges. and delta flyer, as a deterent to the massive amounts of klingon fighters we encounter all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix32 View Post
Look, Ive been with this game since it was in its conceiving stages with Perpetual. This is about the stupidest conversation I have ever seen. That, and no one knows what flaming really is. Youre talking about taking something that's unique and making it so everyone can have it (with $). At that rate, nothing would be unique or one of a kind. There would be no player that has something that may have no purpose but still is something cool so they can say "this was so worth it.". I remember I was ****ed when they released the TNG series costume out on c-store cause I wore it all the time. Its what let me stick out and they took that individuality away. The RMC is the final bit of that that makes me feel unique if thats gone, and its your fault, get your escape pod ready. I'll hunt your ship down and make your ships debris my christmas tree tinsel. You'll need to use klingon hireoglyphics because the amount of new ships you'll need is more than the number of letters in the human and vulcan alphabet. Need I remimd you Im co-fleet admiral of over 100 people. If one of us is bothered, we all are. So do us a favor, and drop the subject.

That is a flame. Any questions?

Also, lifers get liberated borg and a cool badge. The borg is cool enough as it is.
You are flat-out insane Some e-items in a video game would drive you to make a post like this..?