Lt. Commander
# 21 I can not...
12-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Thanks guys. I think I understand this. I'll make a video tutorial on it using a Klingon guard or something.
I am currently working on my own fleets wiki site which we are making into our official LCARS system.

http://sf41lcars.wikidot.com/library...l-system-v-1-0

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
A nice Fraggle rock reference here. Although no one born after 1988 will probably understand it.
Fraggle Rock is a metaphor for life.

When you have to become a Dozer, the Fraggles will hate you.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Has it been determined that this is not working properly in preview mode?

I have all of the wander settings set to max. On my space map, my ships crawl around like they've been fed downers. On my ground map, everyone just stays where they are.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-05-2010, 05:53 PM
This is really useful info. Can it be applied to solo NPCs (i.e. custom "Costumes") or is it just the groups that can be brought to life in this way?

A lot of my ideas will be silly with groups of NPCs everywhere so I'm wanting to keep to individuals doing their own thing.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-05-2010, 09:04 PM
So some further research has discerned that Jobs interacts with most consoles. If you look at items in the Details window, and you can see little red mannequins in the picture, that means it can be interacted with as a Job. Not all items are labeled in this fashion, though.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
I'll add this to the main post too, but "Wander" is limited in functionality until your project's first publish. After that, the navigation information will be generally up-to-date, with each publish updating it. Previewing (aka "Play Map" button) BEFORE the first publish will result in Wander doing nothing.

I hope this helps clear up some of the confusion.

I'd also like to add some means of knowing which objects come with Jobs, since not all do, but it's probably not systemic or anything.

- AStarSearcher
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-06-2010, 01:29 AM
I should have checked this earlier, this is definitely helpful.

Are there plans to allow us setting waypoints manually? Or are there more behaviors coming?
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Wander, with some reasonable values, strikes me as one of those things that should default to on for a group of enemies.

Having them stand still creates a rather lifeless and unnatural environment (for non-borg, anyway). Having to set them each time is a bit annoying.

Also, it'd be nice if there was a visual indicator on the map of the area the wander range covers.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-06-2010, 06:56 AM
hi StarSearcher,

i actually build and published some kind of test map,
just to learn the features...

my problem is:
i wanted to set up animated non-attacking npcs,
so ive chosen a neutral squad and gave them an idle animation.
chat, wander and jobs are turned off.
so duration and weight shouldnt be important (as i understood it)

if i preview the map within the foundry it works,
but after publishing they just stand there and do nothing...

anything i forgot or is there something not working properly?
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-06-2010, 07:12 AM
[quote=Allerka;3202529]Awesome, that all makes sense, though none of it solves my particular issue (making friendly and hostile NPCs fight each other). :p

I'm having the opposite problem. I wanted to make a mission where the Terrans and the Remans were forming an alliance and they just beat the crap out of each other. Was wondering if there was a way to make them play nice.