Lt. Commander
In many STO missions, NPC Contacts will say things like "Well done Tarok!" (With Tarok being your character name.) I assume that there's a variable that you'd type into your text box in the Foundry that STO will replace with your character name, or rank, or even race.

Something like : "Well done ${character_name}"!
or: "What you do want ${char_race}?"

Anybody know what they are, or if they even exist yet in the Foundry?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
In many STO missions, NPC Contacts will say things like "Well done Tarok!" (With Tarok being your character name.) I assume that there's a variable that you'd type into your text box in the Foundry that STO will replace with your character name, or rank, or even race.

Something like : "Well done ${character_name}"!
or: "What you do want ${char_race}?"

Anybody know what they are, or if they even exist yet in the Foundry?
from Cryptic's Foundry Walkthrough page:
  • Available Text variables to use in pop up or contact dialogs:
    • 1. [NickName] : Prints the character's nickname.
      2. [LastName] : Prints the formal last name of the character.
      3. [FirstName] : Prints the formal first name of the character.
      4. [Rank] : Prints the player's current Starfleet or Klingon Rank. (Vice Admiral)
      5. [ShipName] : Prints the informal name of the player's ship. (Enterprise)
      6. [ShipFullName] : Prints the formal name of the player's ship. (U.S.S. Enterprise)
      7. [ShipRegistry] : Prints the full registry number of the player's ship (N.C.C. 1701)
      8. [ShipType] : Prints the type of the player's ship. (Galaxy Class Cruiser)
    Font styles
    • 1. [MissionInfo]This text turns bold and green, drawing the player's attention to particular statements or instructions.[/MissionInfo]

Additionally, These text box wildcards do not seem to work in mission dialogue pop-up buttons, but I'm not sure if that's a bug or if it's just not designed to work in the button boxes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks! I was unaware of the Walkthrough page.