Lt. Commander
# 11
12-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Martin
I have to say that this is the uniform I'm looking forward to most. It makes sense to include them in the game because they're from the future (even though they were "alternate" futures).
Actually it might not be that alternate a futer seeing as they've shown up in 3 possible futures already.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Seeing as we usually have at least ONE C-Store item released with each Season launch, and there are no Playable Species/Ship Costumes on the docket (that we now of), and since these are among the most requested of uniforms, I'm willing to be they'll be released the 9th.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post
Here's hoping that we see this drop with the rest of Season 3 on the 9th (or sooner!).

*crosses fingers*
Well, the c-store items for Dec are starting to show up on the calender. No mention of the AGT uni yet but here's hoping. It would suck if they make us wait till Jan though. It would also bring up the question, yet again as to what exactly was the point of the survey if the top 2 items become the last 2 to be released

Maybe they are planning to give the costume away for free, as part of the 1 year celebration and that's why it hasn't been mentioned (I can dream)
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Maybe they are planning to give the costume away for free, as part of the 1 year celebration and that's why it hasn't been mentioned (I can dream)
It would be nice (and fitting, since the badge is currently free), but I wouldn't bet on it.

And from the looks of the calendar, it seems like we're getting the Troi Jumpsuit on the day of the big S3 release (no assigned date but STILL first on the calendar), so there goes my theory.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-07-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husnock01 View Post
It would be nice (and fitting, since the badge is currently free), but I wouldn't bet on it.

And from the looks of the calendar, it seems like we're getting the Troi Jumpsuit on the day of the big S3 release (no assigned date but STILL first on the calendar), so there goes my theory.
Yeap, I realize it's a long shot but I'm out of ideas as to why the costume is being held when it's obviously as ready as the Troi and ST:I uniforms and far more popular and desired. Some have speculated that it might be because it's the "special surprise" for the tribble weekend which again would be GREAT but again, that's just speculation. I've sent a PM to StormShade and pointed out to him an 18 page thread full of people waiting for this costume so hopefully we'll get some info, IF he has time.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Some have speculated that it might be because it's the "special surprise" for the tribble weekend which again would be GREAT but again, that's just speculation.
That would **** off anyone who missed out on Tribble Test Weekend, though (myself included).
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Seeing as we usually have at least ONE C-Store item released with each Season launch, and there are no Playable Species/Ship Costumes on the docket (that we now of), and since these are among the most requested of uniforms, I'm willing to be they'll be released the 9th.
Also worth noting that not all C-store items make it on to the calendar, then Boom its live and in the store.

This is the uniform I'm most looking forward to though.

I previewed it on the foundry the other night and my only criticism is that the rank pips appear as part of the fabric rather than as a 3D object on top (like the combadge does). Maybe this will change prior to release.

Another thing I noticed whilst on the foundry were the full (4 pip) and fleet (5 pips) admiral ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
That would **** off anyone who missed out on Tribble Test Weekend, though (myself included).
Some of the other theories I've read are that it might be given as a holiday gift or that it might be given as an anniversary gift.
Some MMOs give away things during the holidays, WoW and SWG both had items that they gave away as gifts during seasonal events.
Some MMOs give away items as anniversary gifts, SWG gave away items during their anniversary celebrations.
The last 2 times a tribble weekend was announced we knew early on that the reward was going to be a tribble buff item, yet the reward for this round of weekend testing hasn't been announced.

W/ all of these it's likely that the item would be free only for a limited time and then placed on the C-store for those that didn't qualify. The end result of this is that some will miss out and they will be upset they did, then when it's up on the C-Store SOME who got it through the event will selfishly get upset that it's become available to others for sale, even though they got it for free.

Again though, this is just speculation.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
They are still coming, and slated for release soon.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-10-2010, 05:52 AM
why is everybody looking forward to THIS uniform?

Actually i bought all uniforms yet simply to have the "collection" complete but that one.... i'm sorry but in my opinion it is simply ugly as hell!!!!!!

May be that is because we always saw the knows characters aged in that uniform.... but to me it looks like a uniform for a retirement home... even seeing the screens with "younger" characters.....