Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I wanted to let everyone know Massively is doing its 2010 Player's Choice Awards!

STO is in almost all categories. Moreover given most of the competition listed, I think it is a strong contender for several awards. So come on guys and get out the vote!!!

You can read the article and participate in the voting here.

You all know, the game has changed a lot and for the better in nearly all regards since Dan took over so lets help the STO team get some industry recognition for all the hard work.


BTW: They are also polling for the MMO of the decade, and there are a couple AWESOME categories there. I especially like the "Worst Studio" one. So if anyone has been playing MMO for a long time check it out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm kind of torn about voting. STO is a decent game, the devs seem to care a lot and development is coming among nicely but every time I read the forums I feel really unclean and can't even force myself to login for a day or two.
And there lies the problem. The community somehow makes me feel really uncomfortable and the game is only decent while it could be great so voting and thus recommending the game... It's just not quite there yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morglon
I'm kind of torn about voting. STO is a decent game, the devs seem to care a lot and development is coming among nicely but every time I read the forums I feel really unclean and can't even force myself to login for a day or two.
And there lies the problem. The community somehow makes me feel really uncomfortable and the game is only decent while it could be great so voting and thus recommending the game... It's just not quite there yet.
Well, I dont what to tell you other than, just consider the game in totality vs the other titles listed in the category of the award. One cant expect anymore to be frank.

Please dont misunderstand me, I'm not asking for people to "stack the vote" but to take a couple minutes and give it a fair measure of consideration in the context of the categories for which it is a nominee.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Whoever has the most players is going to win that one. Not cause people are that corrupt, but I looked over that survey, and many of those MMOs I'd never even heard of before, much less played. Can't really fairly weigh their pros and cons against STO's then, can I?

Note, I said fairly... I'm cynical enough to vote unfairly.

Just saying, that goes for most people... probably shouldn't go and get our hopes up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Whoever has the most players is going to win that one. Not cause people are that corrupt, but I looked over that survey, and many of those MMOs I'd never even heard of before, much less played. Can't really fairly weigh their pros and cons against STO's then, can I?

Note, I said fairly... I'm cynical enough to vote unfairly.

Just saying, that goes for most people... probably shouldn't go and get our hopes up.

Well, that would WoW by default - right?

Anyway....

Base your decision on what you know - plan and simple because your vote is for your opinion based on your experience. So if you have no experience with the other titles then they surely have not been interesting enough to you to get your attention or you simply were not in the target market for them or maybe they failed to reach you as a consumer for whatever reason. Nonetheless, voting for what you know is better than not voting at all.

With that said, if you are super concerned to give everything a go before voting just to gauge things equally then you do have until January to give them all a try or you could do some homework on them.

Shoot, when I vote in normal elections I take the time to read all the candidate policy statements and if they dont have one on a specific topic that is their loss. I also weigh that with the ones I know of first hand and I also check public records when there are some available but I'm crazy like that...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Voted. Some I was on the fence about. Definitely, the easiest question to answer: biggest disappointment of 2010: Final Fantasy XIV.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-06-2010, 01:05 PM
look on the bright side. No matter how much is wrong with STO, there will always be a loyal following of people willing to rag on SWG and SoE lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-06-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm sure STO will get a lot votes for worst game at launch.

However I voted STO every positive category it was in because to be honest, STO is a great game. Anyone still playing obviously thinks so. I am taking into account everything that has been accomplished since launch.

There should have been a category, Best Comeback in an MMO since launch 2010 . STO would win that one hands down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-Brewster View Post
look on the bright side. No matter how much is wrong with STO, there will always be a loyal following of people willing to rag on SWG and SoE lol
I still remember the retail box release being beta. *******s!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-06-2010, 02:57 PM
I've played WoW and SWG at launch - friends house - and I can say without a doubt that STO is no worse than they were... I voted STO in just about every category - save for worse which was FF - and hope it at least comes in as runner up ^_^
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 PM.