Lt. Commander
# 11
12-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vascilios View Post
Emblems: How do you get it? What does it do? How do you exchange it?
You can also trade these in for Marks of Honor, Marks of Valor, and Marks of Exploration. Go to BGO and there is a Nebula on the left side that lets you trade Emblems for Marks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Zak-Ary
Nice method of FORCING us to do PvP. I'm here for the game storyline. I don't care about shooting up other players, so I'm SOL on marks and emblems. If this was a completely solo play game, I'd like it even better.
You don't need PvP for Emblems. And like I said above, you can trade them in for Marks of Honor, so you don't have to PvP at all.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Zak-Ary
Nice method of FORCING us to do PvP. I'm here for the game storyline. I don't care about shooting up other players, so I'm SOL on marks and emblems. If this was a completely solo play game, I'd like it even better.
weird perspective you have to capture things.

you can easily SOLO 12 emblems per day through dailys, only 3! (THREE of them per day) are obtained via pvp. in addition you can get 1 emblem via repeatable bītrang mission every 45 minutes in solo pve.

pvp-people are at a clear disadvantage for they have no repeatable missions in pvp granting emblems. only 3 per day. thatīs it.

your whine, dear sir, is totally not justified.

the other way round is correct: nice way of forcing us pvp-people into boring pve.

i did the numbers for you:

PVE:
3 emblems for VA bītrang cluster daily
1 emblem for VA bītrang cluster repeatable (easily achived while doing the daily!!)
3 emblems for VA aid the defri daily
1 emblem vor VA rescue defri slaves daily
1 emblem for satelite repair daily in eta eridiani sector

=9 emblems without repeatables you are free to do in bītrang, up to 20 emblems per day if you are willing to grind for hours in bītrang. left out the daily fleet-action for you are hardly solo in it.

PVP:
3 emblems for VA daily pvp-quest
NO repeatables for emblems

= 3 emblems TOTAL per day, additional pvp grants no benefit.

you are so totally wrong, dear jason sir!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Currently as it stands. This is what you can do for emblems.

3 for the chart exploration daily. (B-Tran or Azlesa Expanse)
1 for the normal exploration (can be repeated every 30 minutes. So you can potentially get much more then 1 per day)

3 for the daily fleet action

3 for the daily PVP action

3 for the Aid the Deferi Daily
1 for the Rescue the Deferi Daily

3 total (1 each) for the three new Eta Eridani dailies
3 for the hidden Eta Eridani salvage mission. (While its repeatable, this one is hard to do on a daily basis)

In addition, season 3 will be bringing in a few more emblem missions.

1 for the Emancipation Daily. The new Deferi ground mission.

1 for the Pi Canis Sortie Alpha daily
1 for the Pi Canis Sortie Bravo daily
3 for completing all optional objectives on both Pi Canis Sortie's
The Pi Canis missions seem to be only available to Klingons only. Ive not seen an equivalent Federation mission.

Obviously PVP represents only a tiny fraction of potential daily emblem gains. And the number of daily emblem missions has grown to the point folks can now pick and choose what missions they like. Instead of doing the same few over and over again.

While it can use improvement. Its a much nicer picture then the the emblem grind looked just after season 2.
Lt. Commander
# 14 Why exchange?
12-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Why would you exchange emblems for marks as emblems ---- mark XI gear
marks ---- mark X gear
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccabe01 View Post
marks ---- mark X gear
for example: the arguable best shield around for pvp is a covariant 3xcap mk x shield, obtainable only by marks. the mk XI gear for emblems does not have any shield close to that effectiveness. so once you missed that shield while leveling you would have no possibility to get it.

90% of the more than casual VA pvp-players use that covariant capx3 mk X shield.

certainly a mk XI covariant capx3 would be even better, but alas it does not exist.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccabe01 View Post
marks ---- mark X gear
Its also a question of speed. With a MK X weapon costing 7 marks, yet a MK XI costing 30. In two days of grinding emblems. You can have 4 Mk X weapons, or just barely have enough points for a single MK XI.

Considering the difference between the two is minimal at best. I can see why folks would want to shorten the grind. And just be content with MK X