Lt. Commander
# 11
12-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grig32 View Post
I've played WoW and SWG at launch - friends house - and I can say without a doubt that STO is no worse than they were... I voted STO in just about every category - save for worse which was FF - and hope it at least comes in as runner up ^_^
As I recall no one could log in period on SWGs first day of live servers.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I voted for STO in every category because, honestly, I don't play any other MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Thank God for "None of the Above" options.

I will lizz myself if "none of the above" wins a category.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Whoever has the most players is going to win that one. Not cause people are that corrupt, but I looked over that survey, and many of those MMOs I'd never even heard of before, much less played. Can't really fairly weigh their pros and cons against STO's then, can I?

Note, I said fairly... I'm cynical enough to vote unfairly.

Just saying, that goes for most people... probably shouldn't go and get our hopes up.
We will know that is true if WoW wins for best community.

The Blizzard community (Battle.net, WoW) has always been located in the dark, seedy underbelly of the internet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Hello Kitty Online will dominate!!!! :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Much as it pains me to say it, STO is probably one of the biggest contenders for the Biggest Letdown of the year. Star Trek fans...we are a tough to please crowd. Then there's the MMO hardcore crowd who were expecting EVE 2, and the Internet hath no fury like a lifeless hardcore MMOer scorned.

Maybe we'll be outvoted by APB, though, considering how hyped that game was and the fact that it didn't even last the whole year.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-06-2010, 06:26 PM
unfortunately if WOW was in every category it would win hands down. I mean it does have 11.5 million players, that is just the truth it would win every category.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade View Post
Much as it pains me to say it, STO is probably one of the biggest contenders for the Biggest Letdown of the year. Star Trek fans...we are a tough to please crowd. Then there's the MMO hardcore crowd who were expecting EVE 2, and the Internet hath no fury like a lifeless hardcore MMOer scorned.

Maybe we'll be outvoted by APB, though, considering how hyped that game was and the fact that it didn't even last the whole year.
Funny enough, All Points Bulletin didn't even last an entire two months...
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Too bad there isn't a "Most Improved" category. STO would win that one hands down.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade View Post

APB crashed and burned, but wasnt as hyped. So Star trek would be more of the 'biggest letdown'.

However, if you're a final fantasy fan and you tried FF14.......well there's something that could win biggest letdown of the decade....STO is good now, but at launch granted, it was quite shaky. But look at FF14. I dont even know how to describe that mess. And their 'massive updates to fix the game' are also a complete mess.

Actually an oddly ironic mitigating factor for STO would be that less people would vote for it in that negative category because they are less likely to have played STO than FF14.