Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 422
12-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I've answered this before, but since it's been a while here goes again.

If you actually watch the shows (not just looking at stills) you'll notice that that lavender shade is actually an effect of the lighting in different areas of the ship/station. Most of the time the collars actually appear gray. Using the cool gray I have selected you can get the same lavender effect when standing in similarly lighted areas in the game while at the same time having the slate and cool gray shades in other areas.

I would like to place in my own two cents here. A couple days ago, I watched an entire episode of DS9, The Search Part 1. The entire episode bugged me because the grey undershirt I have on my early DS9/Voyager uniformed characters was actually a washed out, dulled purple color in almost all lighting situations. I think only when they were attacked by Jem'hadar and boarded, or in the dulled lighting when the Defiant cloaked did it approach a grey color.

However, watching a DVD copy of the Voyager episode entitled "Death Wish" has revealed the undershirt to be grey. I need to check to further episodes and sources to either confirm or deny with you, Blackavaar, as the copy of The Search Part 1 I had watched was off the internet. However, in light of this revelation, is it not possible that there were actually two different colored undershirts? Possibly either from character to character or series to series? Maybe even episode to episode?
Lt. Commander
# 423
12-07-2010, 09:04 AM
It's possible that the costume designer for the show had differently colored versions made up. It's also possible that some were discolored over time seeing as how costumes do have to be washed. But I'd say that it is also possible for the lighting of an episode to make the costumes appear different for an entire episode if the cast spend enough time in similar lighting. I'd also say it is possible that the coloration of an episode could be distorted during recording to a YouTube video or being ripped or downloaded from an internet source.

The coloration for this guide are based on the DVD video (actual copies) collections which I have watched in sequence from beginning to end numerous times, not an episode or two gleamed off of the internet. In addition, I also confer with a number of friends in-game and ask for opinions from other players to make sure that the colors chosen are as accurate as possible. And I have been known to make corrections based on feedback from players.

Lt. Commander
# 424
12-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Just pointing out that in the TNG era Cadet Uniforms, which look awesome by the way, it would appear that there were division branch colors during that time.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...itena_haro.jpg

Picard instantly recognized that uniform as a Starfleet Cadet Uniform, including the Engineering/Operations gold.

And I'll be printing these out ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 425
12-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Woo-hoo! Stickied finally! I have it as a subscribed thread but still, nice to see some recognition for the great work you've done on these. Thanks again!
Lt. Commander
# 426
12-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
Just pointing out that in the TNG era Cadet Uniforms, which look awesome by the way, it would appear that there were division branch colors during that time.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...itena_haro.jpg

Picard instantly recognized that uniform as a Starfleet Cadet Uniform, including the Engineering/Operations gold.

And I'll be printing these out ASAP.
It is not entirely clear when these were worn or if they were limited to senior cadets or something. If you watch other TNG episodes when Wesley was at the academy all of the cadets appear to where red regardless of division, even Red Squad, which later appears in DS9 in both the red only (early in the series) and the divisional color uniforms (later on). I think it must be the senior cadet thing.

I still plan on adding them soon for completeness sake.

Lt. Commander
# 427
12-07-2010, 05:03 PM
And the Vice Admiral Mirror Universe Uniforms have been added. In addition to finding them below you can also find them on the 25th Century Mirror Universe Guide.

Note: For the lower portion of the uniform I had to postulate as I have not seen the full uniform displayed in game, only the top. And as the Federation has their gold versions, I also created similar variants for these.

Command 1
Command 2
Operations 1
Operations 2
Sciences 1
Sciences 2

Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 428
12-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Looks like you're all set until the Consular Troi uniform comes out this week.
Lt. Commander
# 429
12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
Looks like you're all set until the Consular Troi uniform comes out this week.
Not quite. I'm working on those "Declared" or "Senior Class" Cadet uniforms now.

I would also like to request help on this as I am unsure what to call them. I've got some friends that say that they are not necessarily Senior Class cadets. They have simply Declared their Career Path (Command/Helm, Tactical/Engineering, Science/Medical). Then others say that despite their not necessarily being Senior Class cadets, although that would be the point at which declaration would be mandatory, that Senior Class Cadet Uniforms simply sounds better than Declared Cadet Uniforms.

What do you guys and gals think? Opinions please.

Senior Class Cadet Uniforms

or

Declared Cadet Uniforms

You decide.

Lt. Commander
# 430
12-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Declared Cadet Unifroms.

What usually happens is that most undergraduate students enter college completely unsure of what their major is going to be and thus have the status of being undeclared. Once you choose, or declare, a major you're actively working towards finishing up your degree and gearing up to graduate.