Lt. Commander
# 21
12-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Great road map....but a long way to go.......before it really makes the missions we will want to play.

We need a tool box full of tools , instead of just a screw driver and a hammer!
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousBrad
I love what I'm seeing, but I see one really mind-boggling omission. Are we really not ever getting destructible object objectives?
THIS

(is a big deal)
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-06-2010, 08:53 PM
one major request i have, that may also be helpful in many many ways, would be to have a genesis/creature creator. various body types and parts that can be placed, sized, colored, etc, allowing to create new and unique alien creatures for player (and maybe developer) created missions involving search and rescue, biology, exploration, and other missions.

another request would be to be able to have some control over character animations. not full control, but maybe a drop down menu that you select move arm up then move arm left... and the game knows how to meld those two animations into one motion. (obviously there should be restrictions to prevent people from doing silly things)
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Also wanted to mention my fond wish for a "fight to disable" option both in space and on the ground. Fighting to stun enemies. would go a long way towards "more like Star Trek". Also I'd really like the ability to beam a contact in and out as needed.. and possibly have them follow you like Miral Paris, or have them "walk (or run) to the next location" like Scotty did.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
Also wanted to mention my fond wish for a "fight to disable" option both in space and on the ground. Fighting to stun enemies. would go a long way towards "more like Star Trek". Also I'd really like the ability to beam a contact in and out as needed.. and possibly have them follow you like Miral Paris, or have them "walk (or run) to the next location" like Scotty did.
not only contacts, but maybe even objects. there is enormous potential in all of these
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

Map editor improvements
  • Better visualize placed objects in the editor using 2-D preview images
  • Fully customize backdrops, assembled from various sky effects layers, atmospheric effects, sound effects and music
  • Enable snap-to-grid to more easily place objects
  • Place waypoints for patrol routes for actors to follow
  • Place “job” nodes for actors to interact with, such as consoles

Mission Triggers (new)
  • Triggers are a way to make the game play react to the player’s actions
  • Show pop-up dialogs in response to a trigger
  • Spawn encounters in response to a trigger
  • Play music or sound effects in response to a trigger
  • Set a trigger on entering a volume
  • Set a trigger on killing an encounter
  • Set a trigger on interacting with an object
  • Set a trigger on talking with a contact

Branching dialogue (new)
  • Add multiple buttons to a prompt and chain prompts based on button chosen
  • Show/hide buttons based on mission state
  • Alter button behavior based on mission state

Any word on how long these will take?

I think that branching mission arcs should be one of the highest priorities (aside from polish and bugs of course), along with better actor control and more intuitive map editing options and assistance.

Also, when will I be able to simply place a dreadnought and make it an actual enemy dreadnought and not have to dress a warbird up as a scimitar?
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Longer Term Foundry Goals

Map Editor – Future Goals
  • Create fully customized interior layouts from room and hallway pieces
  • Place lights directly on a map
  • Use a random name generator for contacts and actors
  • Placing “anomaly” crafting nodes into maps
  • Custom behaviors for encounters (custom AI)
  • Placement of auto-generated civilian populations
  • The ability to create custom planetary surface (exterior) maps
  • 3-D visualization while editing to improve placement of details
  • “Make a random map” option to speed up map creation

Mission Editor – Future Goals
  • Give the player quest items used by the mission
  • The ability to create content that takes place on the player’s own “bridge” interior
  • Custom cut scenes as part of the mission

Other Uses of Foundry Content
  • Using Foundry to create custom starship bridge and ship interiors
  • Using Foundry to create custom starbase interiors
  • Using Foundry to create PvP maps
  • Using Foundry to create Fleet Action maps
!
Dstahl, I want to have your adopted babies!
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Please, please, please add:
Add in the ability to save and load costumes
Er..you can do that now. I edited every squad and loaded a premade custom costume. The entire npc random crew of a npc ship wore the AGT uniforms.

Love the Foundry, the potential is enormous AND what's really cool? I am 40 yrs old in animation/gamemaking/modeling Digital media degree course, and my teacher has followed STO foundry, he uses NeverwinterNIghts 2 as a reverse engineer game for projects in game making, i showed him stuff in a vid i did in Foundry, and he said if i make a narrated recording (i use fraps) of making a mission to publish, he will take it for extra credit Because it follows everything we learn on troubleshooting Flowcharts, assets etc.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
Er..you can do that now. I edited every squad and loaded a premade custom costume. The entire npc random crew of a npc ship wore the AGT uniforms.
You can make costumes and use them in your current project. You cannot then save them, start up a different project, and use them again.

Something you'd want, if, for example, you were to use that same NPC ship in the follow up mission. You wouldn't want to have to recreate the uniforms and the notable NPCs like the captain.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
PLEASE add, delete un-needed FRIENDLY NPC mob actors
SInce they are friendly mobs it will eliminate exploitation with that feature. Lack of friendly
actors will make no fight easier...maybe harder though :p

Meow

P.S.
3D foundry item placement for the win.
Challenge and reward are not tied in The Foundry. It's a time based reward. You can slaughter fifty million enemies but you don't get the loot drops or XP if you don't do the damage and completing a mission in five minutes just means you get no reward for it.