Lt. Commander
# 31
12-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfs5519 View Post
one major request i have, that may also be helpful in many many ways, would be to have a genesis/creature creator. various body types and parts that can be placed, sized, colored, etc, allowing to create new and unique alien creatures for player (and maybe developer) created missions involving search and rescue, biology, exploration, and other missions.
I thought we had this with the custom costume?
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Great road map....but a long way to go.......before it really makes the missions we will want to play.

We need a tool box full of tools , instead of just a screw driver and a hammer!
How else could we keep our reputation as a miracle worker?
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Upcoming Foundry Feature Goals
The following features are high on the priority list for upcoming updates (most likely Q1 2011)

Mission Triggers (new)
  • Triggers are a way to make the game play react to the player’s actions
  • Show pop-up dialogs in response to a trigger
  • Spawn encounters in response to a trigger
  • Play music or sound effects in response to a trigger
  • Set a trigger on entering a volume
  • Set a trigger on killing an encounter
  • Set a trigger on interacting with an object
  • Set a trigger on talking with a contact

Branching dialogue (new)
  • Add multiple buttons to a prompt and chain prompts based on button chosen
  • Show/hide buttons based on mission state
  • Alter button behavior based on mission state

Timeline editor (new)
  • Change encounter behavior based on objectives in progress and triggers
  • Change contact dialog text in based on objectives in progress and triggers
DSTAHL - these are the most appealing and exciting considerations for upcoming features in the foundry. Branching Dialogues & Mission Triggers seem to be the most sought after requirement from the BETA and the most requested so I'm glad you guys have listened and have added them to the slate for the future.

All in all, I'm really impressed with the Foundry tool and I can see this is going to keep me busy playing and creating for years to come!
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
I thought we had this with the custom costume?
i havent looked at that part yet..so im not sure. if i wanted to.. could i create a 20 foot tall, 8 legged beast, with 5 eyes, a long scorpion like tail, tentacles at the mouth, and large menacing claws? i have a mission that requires a creature of that type of very alien design. ( seriously, thats the design i am looking for. no joke)

i need that "holy crap we dont belong here" kind of reaction. i may actually need a pack of 3 or 4 of them. part of the mission will have that Jurassic park-run-from-the-trex kind of feeling to it. so if the custom costume can do that, then i am set

i mean just like you can do with characters (people) i want a separate version for animals and other non-sentient life,

parts like bug features, arachnid, lobsters, mammals, etc

you can mix and match to an extent. determining if it is land, air, water, space, subterranean would determine the limitations. after-all, we probably dont want giant ducks with fish tails running around with monkey feet.

--so maybe i want a crab-like armor body, with a spider abdomen, 4 legs placed at the joint (or the slider could allow me to move 2 legs to the front of the beast and 2 in back of the beast). maybe i want tentacles out the belly and fly like eyes at the front rim of the shell. the top of the creature i color black, and the underside is yellow-white. maybe i want him to be 1 foot tall, or maybe i want him towering over me--

what can it do? sting? bite? grab? throw? pinch? fire projectiles? generate electricity? poison?

is it corporeal or non-corporeal?

that kind of stuff

i just think it could be a cool way to add easy variety to alien life, for missions or ambient life forms. parts can be added as time goes on, allowing for more and more

so basically i am looking for the non-humanoid aspect of trek
examples:
http://media.sfx.co.uk/files/2010/05/080510stargate.jpg
http://scifiandtvtalk.files.wordpres...rilla-head.jpg
http://scifiandtvtalk.files.wordpres...nivor-glow.jpg
http://scifiandtvtalk.files.wordpres...quidlyflat.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-07-2010, 05:52 AM
This is all very exciting stuff, I'm really looking forward to the changes in the Foundry.
By the way, is the Foundry offline for updates or was it's use on Tribble only a temporary test phase?
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfs5519 View Post
i havent looked at that part yet..so im not sure. if i wanted to.. could i create a 20 foot tall, 8 legged beast, with 5 eyes, a long scorpion like tail, tentacles at the mouth, and large menacing claws? i have a mission that requires a creature of that type of very alien design. ( seriously, thats the design i am looking for. no joke)

i need that "holy crap we dont belong here" kind of reaction. i may actually need a pack of 3 or 4 of them. part of the mission will have that Jurassic park-run-from-the-trex kind of feeling to it. so if the custom costume can do that, then i am set

i mean just like you can do with characters (people) i want a separate version for animals and other non-sentient life,

parts like bug features, arachnid, lobsters, mammals, etc

you can mix and match to an extent. determining if it is land, air, water, space, subterranean would determine some parts.

--so maybe i want a crab-like armor body, with a spider abdomen, 4 legs placed at the joint (or the slider could allow me to move 2 legs to the front of the beast and 2 in back of the beast). maybe i want tentacles out the belly and fly like eyes at the front rim of the shell. the top of the creature i color black, and the underside is yellow-white.--

what can it do? sting? bite? grab? throw? pinch? fire projectiles? generate electricity? poison?

is it corporeal or non-corporeal?

that kind of stuff

i just think it could be a cool way to add easy variety to alien life, for missions or ambient life forms. parts can be added as time goes on, allowing for more and more
Oh.
Well that's SPORE stuff and, unfortunately, it's not supported in this game. It's not likely to ever be supported, honestly, as it requires some heavy duty technology just to make it work and even then, it doesn't work all that well.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
Oh.
Well that's SPORE stuff and, unfortunately, it's not supported in this game. It's not likely to ever be supported, honestly, as it requires some heavy duty technology just to make it work and even then, it doesn't work all that well.
yea its probably long term, which is why i put that idea on the back of my list. but i figure if i request it now, it might inspire someone and may at least get the talk started. who knows what the future can bring?
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-07-2010, 06:07 AM
I'm very much looking forward to those updates, really great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousBrad
I love what I'm seeing, but I see one really mind-boggling omission. Are we really not ever getting destructible object objectives?
I agree with Brad, would love to use that feature.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-07-2010, 06:16 AM
A good list overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
[font="Arial Black"]
Other Uses of Foundry Content
  • Using Foundry to create custom starship bridge and ship interiors
  • Using Foundry to create custom starbase interiors
  • Using Foundry to create PvP maps
  • Using Foundry to create Fleet Action maps
This topic is very important to me, and I think the entire PvP community. If you can't squeeze in more PvP maps and modes on your own, maybe at least we can try to create some.

What does the crystal ball say on ETAs?
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Sounds good. I had no idea you could already do this:
Combine objectives into a “Complete All” group of simultaneous mission objectives
I'll have to look for that feature.

One thing I don't see is a way to copy/paste stuff (like costumes)...is that on the roadmap anywhere?