Lt. Commander
# 11
12-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Good guide, indeed.

I am not sure I see the big difference betwen 4.2 and 4.5. I woul probably at least bring them together as one point,as they are highly related (using two commands together or using two powers together.)

Botish has also a thread on Keybindings in the PvP forums: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=160698
Maybe there is also a third thread on this topic, I am not sure the one from Botish is the one I had in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Subscribed, can't wait to go through this.
Lt. Commander
# 13 ground bind question
12-07-2010, 10:29 AM
I would like to use a key to quickly remove or show my armor and kit. Is this possible?
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Subscribed. Very nice!
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-07-2010, 10:45 PM
This is great information and I wish I had this before all the learning that I had to do on my own (like typing my keybinds in for each toon )

I would like to clear up one thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
SPECIAL NOTE: Your bindfile MUST be located in the Live folder. The bind_load_file and bind_save_file commands ONLY look in the Live folder. You CANNOT load a bindfile from a different directory location.
This is not exactly correct. If you just want to use the filename then you are correct, but you are able to put your bind file anywhere as long as you use the complete path when saving or loading the file.

EX (this is where my bind file is):
To Load a File:

/bind_load_file C:\Users\psytce\Documents\ground.txt

this puts the file in my Documents folder, and to save the file

/bind_save_file C:\Users\psytce\Documents\ground.txt

So as long as you use the complete path to the file you can put it anywhere you like.

Once again thanks for all your work with this, it will help alot of people.

Thanks,
Tommy
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Botish has also a thread on Keybindings in the PvP forums: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=160698
Maybe there is also a third thread on this topic, I am not sure the one from Botish is the one I had in mind.
I have monitored that thread for a while now; it was the inspiration for this guide.

The same could be said for 4.1 and 4.4; I chose to split these simply because of the difference in the command notation used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by videm
I would like to use a key to quickly remove or show my armor and kit. Is this possible?
I'm not sure there is a command; it may just be a toggle for the character that is not controlled by a command. I have not found anything in the command list that would allow you to do this.

Thanks to Naevius and psytce for the corrections.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-09-2010, 04:38 PM
/subscribed.

Excellent work. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Zed (or anyone),

Would you happen to know how to change the displayed tray(s)? In Sector space, I would like tray 4 displayed, but in system space, I would like tray 1, 2, and 3 displayed.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS
Zed (or anyone),

Would you happen to know how to change the displayed tray(s)? In Sector space, I would like tray 4 displayed, but in system space, I would like tray 1, 2, and 3 displayed.

Sorry to tell you this, but there is no way to get four trays displayed at once; only 1, 2 or 3. Even if you are just looking for one tray (that being #4) you'll have to cycle the trays with the arrows. And, for some reason, with 1 or 2 your tray size is reduced to 8 slots. The only way back to 10 slots is:

/GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Tray_Primaryparent1 x 75 $$ gensetvalue Hud_root traysize 10 1

The first part re-sizes the tray background to accommodate 10 slots; while the second adds slots 9 and 10 to the display.

( It is included in my F5 keybind: F5 "GenJailAdd Hud_Weapons_Root $$ GenJailAdd Hud_Bridgecrew_Trays_Root $$ GenSetEarlyOverrideFloat Hud_Tray_Primaryparent1 x 75 $$ gensetvalue Hud_root traysize 10 1" )

However, if you are just trying to see all your powers try this:

/genaddwindow Hud_traybox_allpowers

This creates a HUD display that encompasses all powers available to you. It is a fully resizable (word?) window in every direction.

And, you can remove with this:

/genremovewindow Hud_traybox_allpowers

Note, as with all HUD modifications, these changes will be lost when changing instances. That is why I have all my HUD changes bound to my F5 key for easy retrieval. (Yes, that is the default for Teammate #4; I moved that to F4. )
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-16-2010, 05:07 PM
While I understand the limitations, I prefer not to have even more clutter on my screen. But I do thank you for answering my question. Your thread(s) have been very useful and I have some pretty extensive keybinds at the moment, but I am contemplating doing the multiple keybind files for the 'shoot my target' scenarios and possibly other situations.