Lt. Commander
http://fnord.kahlan.org/omegamol.jpg

As you can see in this screenshot, we have a liberated borg asking me what omega molecules are... That's kind of like a Vulcan asking someone "what is logic?" Borg are supposed to practically worship omega molecules. A borg that doesn't know what omega molecules are is a little hard to believe.

I understand that this is basically a special case. Most people don't bring borg drones on missions. The game's in-mission dialog system also lacks any kind of sanity checking for whether a given BOFF type should be saying something or not. That doesn't change the fact that this dialog occured, and that it's a bit weird coming from a borg boff.

It would be nice if the devs could find some time to wedge in some sanity checking. It could prevent possible other weirdness in addition. Such as a Bajoran boff acting ignorant about "The Profits" or a Klingon bridge officer expressing disgust at Klingon food, or for that matter, a Klingon boff making comments about how they don't understand why Klingons hate tribbles so much.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-27-2010, 03:46 AM
Its just something your Engineer/Science officer will say, regardless of race. I also find it annoying sometimes but at the end of the day it isnt that important really.

Im hoping I can write an Omega Molecule story for UGC and I suppose I or anyone else, could just say that the Omega information was deleted from the collective mind? Its Science Fiction and its Star Trek - the possibilities are endless
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-28-2010, 01:26 PM
/signed, it always bugs me when my bridge officers say something out of character like that. It's especially bad on the Klingon side IMO, my non-klingon officers are always talking about Kahless, and in 'What Lies Beneath' after finding the dead Bajoran lady my Gorn guy seemed quite scared.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor12345 View Post
/signed, it always bugs me when my bridge officers say something out of character like that. It's especially bad on the Klingon side IMO, my non-klingon officers are always talking about Kahless, and in 'What Lies Beneath' after finding the dead Bajoran lady my Gorn guy seemed quite scared.
Odd, my Orion seemed pretty laid back, and nothing in the text seemed to indicate they were afraid. In fact it was stated with more of a matter-of-fact tone than fear.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
http://fnord.kahlan.org/omegamol.jpg

As you can see in this screenshot, we have a liberated borg asking me what omega molecules are... That's kind of like a Vulcan asking someone "what is logic?" Borg are supposed to practically worship omega molecules. A borg that doesn't know what omega molecules are is a little hard to believe.

I understand that this is basically a special case. Most people don't bring borg drones on missions. The game's in-mission dialog system also lacks any kind of sanity checking for whether a given BOFF type should be saying something or not. That doesn't change the fact that this dialog occured, and that it's a bit weird coming from a borg boff.

It would be nice if the devs could find some time to wedge in some sanity checking. It could prevent possible other weirdness in addition. Such as a Bajoran boff acting ignorant about "The Profits" or a Klingon bridge officer expressing disgust at Klingon food, or for that matter, a Klingon boff making comments about how they don't understand why Klingons hate tribbles so much.
It's a liberated borg. Who knows just what of the Collective memories they remeber. (Seriously, no worse than rationalizing some of the on screen series and film contradictions that pop up.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-29-2010, 12:37 PM
>>> "Such as a Bajoran boff acting ignorant about "The Profits"

You're confused with Ferengi... ("Prophets")
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
>>> "Such as a Bajoran boff acting ignorant about "The Profits"

You're confused with Ferengi... ("Prophets")
What? You've never heard of the Athiest Bajorans Support Group that send their children to Starfleet BEFORE they can become 'indoctrinated' into a Bajoran religious sect?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-07-2010, 07:40 AM
The borg government has disavowed the actions of this group of borg. you are authorized to use whatever force necessary to end the threat.

The borg government.......

Did they not even think before they threw this garbage together?