Lt. Commander
# 41
12-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Add one post to post count.

Now I'm even more important than i was before posting this.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I keep looking for a "vote thread Up or Down" option, like we have over in the DCUO forums.

I would vote this thread down. Things are fine the way they are.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I agree. If you reward people on their post count, you get idiots who post simply just to increase their post count to show off their post count numbers and not when they have something actually useful to say. Examples include IBTL, LAWLZ, or some other ignorant thing to say simply to increase post count.

/signed to that idea, SS.
I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Rather than having a forum title structure based on how often you post (which is basically what we have now, only some users have some special forum titles available to them) I would rather have the ability to choose from title's you've unlocked in-game.

Essentially what I'm saying is, I'd rather you show off your in-game achievements/accolades, than I would your post count.

Thanks,

Stormshade
That works for me Stormshade. I hope you can implement it someday.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Rather than having a forum title structure based on how often you post (which is basically what we have now, only some users have some special forum titles available to them) I would rather have the ability to choose from title's you've unlocked in-game.

Essentially what I'm saying is, I'd rather you show off your in-game achievements/accolades, than I would your post count.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Actually, what I would like to see is a system in which people who usually post constructive or helpful advice gain 'points', and people who engage in trolling loose said points. So when a dev reads a post they think is thoughtful, or when you spot people helping people, they may gain a little +1, for example.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
We're not going to be adding anything that strokes your ego based on how often you post.

As others have mentioned, what matters here is the content of your posts, and how you treat other individuals. Not how many posts you've made. That's why we've disabled the display of post count.

There are some things I'd like to see, and improve upon in the forums. I'd love to get "Forum Achievements" for you all. None of them will be related to your post count.

I'd love to see little buttons which let you cross post an awesome forum post, from anyone, to your FaceBook wall or twitter feed. I'd also like to see a way for users to "like" a post here on the forums, without using a 5 star thread rating system like VBB has packed in.

I'd love to see more integration of the game into the forums and website. Including a better Captain's Database, The ability to use titles you earn in-game as forum titles, a suite of tools to allow you to manage your fleets from the website, and I can just keep on going.

It's going to take time, but this is all stuff I'd love to see happen. What about you guys?

Thanks,

Stormshade

P.S. Tamgros! You need to post more.
I think this sounds great.

Especially the possibility to manage Fleet stuff from here and a better working Captains Database.

One thing that would be great, is if we could see what items are attached to a mail.
Like we can in the game. That and a way to forward that mail (with the items still in it) to someone else if I need to.
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-08-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
There are some things I'd like to see, and improve upon in the forums. I'd love to get "Forum Achievements" for you all. None of them will be related to your post count.

I'd love to see little buttons which let you cross post an awesome forum post, from anyone, to your FaceBook wall or twitter feed. I'd also like to see a way for users to "like" a post here on the forums, without using a 5 star thread rating system like VBB has packed in.

I'd love to see more integration of the game into the forums and website. Including a better Captain's Database, The ability to use titles you earn in-game as forum titles, a suite of tools to allow you to manage your fleets from the website, and I can just keep on going.
All solid ideas, I'd be very happy to see where these go over the course of the next year.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
But surely that would mean all Devs are ensigns, as they have the ability to 'cheat'? :p
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-08-2010, 08:16 AM
I love the idea of tying the forums more into the gameplay experience by reflecting in-game achievements in your forum profile. I think it sounds really great

Also glad to hear that doing something with the Captain's Database is being discussed. Its been broken for a while, and while its a minor thing, I did enjoy having it.