Lt. Commander
# 21
12-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Selectable Respawns remind me a lot of Ground Fighting on Star Wars Battlefront. Which I also play quite a bit. I'd be interested in seeing the devs work up something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
You know the quick and easy fix to this?

Move away from the spawn-point!!!!

As soon as you enter the map, start moving towards the centre of the map, do not sit right outside the gate. On the KDF side, teams are often formed a good distance from the gate because people arent obsessed with keeping within 1km of each other. I know this is a good strategy, but for the first 15 seconds you can move pretty much freely. Once one or two ships start moving, the rest will follow.
So how would you handle the situation I was in last night? Arena map, my team 4 pugs, the other team 5 fleet members. We did move to the middle of the map, but by death #5, the 5 man team was sitting on the spawn point.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
So how would you handle the situation I was in last night? Arena map, my team 4 pugs, the other team 5 fleet members. We did move to the middle of the map, but by death #5, the 5 man team was sitting on the spawn point.
You could just not spawn, send a tell in zone to kindly let your team reorganize. Don't know who the premade team was. If it was LORE (which I belong in), then I know the members will gladly move out back to the center and let you reform. (if you just say in zone "stop camping us noobs, GTFO, $(#&#*%(#&#*@@" then no I don't think we'll take you seriously)

I know several premade fleets like RE (sorry, can't really spell out your full tag, but geat German fleet) have said to us "we will wait until you have 5" at the start of battle (we were one short in our kling pug).

We're enemies yeah, but we can also be civilized to each other.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-08-2010, 09:54 AM
My Fleet tries not to spawn camp and when it looks like we are getting close we try and move away but sometimes the other side engages when we are trying to move towards the center.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
I know several premade fleets like RE (sorry, can't really spell out your full tag, but geat German fleet) have said to us "we will wait until you have 5" at the start of battle (we were one short in our kling pug).

We're enemies yeah, but we can also be civilized to each other.
I always feel a little tingle when i see random acts of sportsmanship in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
/signed - I think a 5 second timer that makes you invulnerable at respawn would be helpful. Not sure if it's possible. Better make it 10 seconds, those pets stick around awhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I agree that a respawn invulnerability would be nice. as well as letting us respawn at full power.at least then there would be a chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
This would help a lot. Especially in Ker'rat.
Well, since the tree of you are not aware, there is a Spawn Protection system in place. I've seen it on respawns. It's a small little symbol that pops up after a respawn. It lasts about 3 seconds. It's how Farmers are able to jet away and cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-08-2010, 12:04 PM
lol at "tactical supression of redeployment". Euphemism for spawncamping, or as I would like to say "I spawncamp but don't have the balls to say I spawncamp"
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
lol at "tactical supression of redeployment". Euphemism for spawncamping, or as I would like to say "I spawncamp but don't have the balls to say I spawncamp"
Point is we don't really care what people want to call it. If we push a team back to their spawn in point we will fight them there... if they don't ever leave their spawn in point we WILL fight them there.

War is our imperative, so we will fight.

Wine and call it what ever you like... we have never once said we where against random spawn points, I think that is a great fix. Turrets at spawn is a bad idea... tanking turrets in C&H games is kinda fun... removing them completely a rite of passage. Not to mention the fact that some teams will just sit there hoping the other side gets sick of waiting and attacks... there by adding the turrets to there dps. lol

A Longer spawn protection... sure why not, It seems some players will hang out till it wears off anyway unfortunately.

It seems the best protection is understanding of game mechanics....

Carry Batts... Engine bats are great... Weap Bats if your going to fight your way through.
Use Evasive...
Use the proper engines. (if your getting camped with your MK IV engines, guess what) lol

If you are teamed in an arena match and the other team is on your spawn... damn guys SPAWN at the same time. Not one then another then another. Heck Spawn together everyone hit a bat and evasive... bingo your where every you want to be. Or all hit a weap bat and focus fire... I know its a crazy thought.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Wine and call it what ever you like... we have never once said we where against random spawn points, I think that is a great fix. Turrets at spawn is a bad idea... tanking turrets in C&H games is kinda fun... removing them completely a rite of passage.
If they did make, in an open zone like Ker'rat, Invulnerable Turrets that can near instant kill ships that approach too close and can detect cloak, I'd demand for a Ship teleporter beam that would let me pull ships right to me..

Hey.. wait.. that's City of Heroes and Teleport Foe.. And that's the best way to pull people out of their Base.. What a qo-inky-dink.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
If they did make, in an open zone like Ker'rat, Invulnerable Turrets that can near instant kill ships that approach too close and can detect cloak, I'd demand for a Ship teleporter beam that would let me pull ships right to me..

Hey.. wait.. that's City of Heroes and Teleport Foe.. And that's the best way to pull people out of their Base.. What a qo-inky-dink.
I like this... we need a Borg supped up Gravity well... with a teleport foe built in. hehe