Lt. Commander
# 201
12-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I have an idea,
All you players who hate PVP, why don't you private que up togather, set the match to the lowest setting, I think its 5 kills for arena,or 500 pts for a C&H & get it over with by dieing as fast as possible?would that be to hard?You can get your emblems,& the people who enjoy PVP can do their thing.no one loses.
There , Fixed it.
I havn't read all the way through this thread, & apologize if it's already been said.

Great idea. Unfortunately these people are too anti-social/anti-teamwork to get together to make this happen.
Lt. Commander
# 202
12-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
I'm thinking if you went on zone chat in ESD, said "anyone else hate pvp want to get there emblems? tell me & i'll invite you to a private to get it over with" you would have lots of takers, one side kills the other, while the other doesn't fight back.
Everyone's ego is safe,
Who knows, maybe while one side caps in a C&H, someone could test his new Tetryon beam (to kill shields) + Disruptor turrets( for the defense debuff) & Plasma Torpedo (because they look cool) build against someone else.
You know, validate your Build Theory.
Maybe they might actually start to like it.
and any rank can join a private Que, so you could play "see how many Constellation's it takes to kill a GalX" type games. Even RP'ers could have fun with that.
Make it so.
Good Idea. I have tried to get PvE friends to PvP more by offering private matches (at lower levels mostly). Like at LtC going 1 v 2 etc.... And since I'm not a smack talker and the matches "didn't count" it was less pressure on them while getting the experiance of what PvP is.

To quote one of them "Wow you are tricker in your BOP than the NCP klingons" This was a 1 Bop vs 1 Cr and 1 Sci. I lost 10-15, The Sci guy picked it up quick and started to use Jam Sensors after I got him once. The Cr said "help me with my biuld". Which I did.

Maybe more of this "boot camp" type training would help the beginners.
Lt. Commander
# 203
12-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
you could be UBER spanking n00b feds while getting your emblems.
You know, like the Klingons do.
Make it so.
Seems that your idea makes for good answer to the problem without the need to becry one's failures on the heads of others instead of where it belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger

To quote one of them "Wow you are tricker in your BOP than the NCP klingons" This was a 1 Bop vs 1 Cr and 1 Sci. I lost 10-15, The Sci guy picked it up quick and started to use Jam Sensors after I got him once. The Cr said "help me with my biuld". Which I did.

Maybe more of this "boot camp" type training would help the beginners.
Thats the other thing that needs be done. More helping and more accepting of help.
I've almost given up offering my meager experience to other players in a match due to the horrid responses I sometimes recieve.

after a brutal match;

Me, " Anybody wants tips or help with pvp skills?"

Angry player, " Why? so you can just know what I use and know how to better kill me?"

Me, " I'm just trying to help......"

Its sad when a opponent takes pity and tries to help uplift another players experience only to be shutdown and later see that same player crying "OP" on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 204
12-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah, i just realized that my RP idea is essentially luring n00bs into pvp to get your emblems.
However, most of these AFKers don't seem to care HOW they get their emblems,They don't care if anyone else has fun.Just curbstomp n00b's for pvp emblems & then go back to the Stuff you want to do. Go Diplomacy at each other or whatever. Scan flowers maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 205
12-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Yeah, i just realized that my RP idea is essentially luring n00bs into pvp to get your emblems.
However, most of these AFKers don't seem to care HOW they get their emblems,They don't care if anyone else has fun.Just curbstomp n00b's for pvp emblems & then go back to the Stuff you want to do. Go Diplomacy at each other or whatever. Scan flowers maybe.
Its thier lust for emblems that caused the issue to begin with in pvp. No one forces them to pvp for these emblems, as you can get more without pvp, but the emblems exist and they feel pressured to go after them regardless of whose gameplay they disrupt.
I'm so happy I bought the STO version that doesn't come with a gun to the head thats makes me do things.
Lt. Commander
# 206
12-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm so happy I bought the STO version that doesn't come with a gun to the head thats makes me do things.
I think i got that version also.